• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UPDATE Of Parsnipbun and Bun on M4

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Hi:wave:

We are finally back!!!

Set off at midday from Cambridge to get to M4 Chieveley services to meet Charlies owner and Charlie (coming from Weston super Mare). Snow started falling and the M25/M4 gridlocked but she hung on for us till 5pm - despite screaming baby in car:shock::shock::shock:
Then spent 5pm-8pm doing 15 miles back to the next services at Reading on M4. Then tucked into extra blankets (with one round Charlies cage) and dozed for 4 hours - was going to spend the night but decided it would be too cold for Charlie (he is a housebun) and the Travelodge was full and wouldn't take us (Christmas story anyone:roll::roll:) and so once the jams had gone and the gritters done their work we started off again and finally got home at 3am.

Never seen SO many abandoned lorries and cars littering the hard shoulder.

Charlie seems ok - a bit nervous but then our house smells of loads of buns!. He was n his own cage all the way (a large 'Ferplast style one about 120cm long etc) with all the toys and food etc etc he is used to, and he is still in there in the only space with no buns! (the hallway!!)

Hopefully Kaths can come and pick him up tomorrow eve for a real Xmas bun!!!

The journey didn't do much for my cold though:roll::roll::roll: sniff sniff!! AND its my birthday today!!

But it was only the weather that made this 'run' tricky. Both the old owner and new (Kaths101) are being wonderful and doing their bit either end- and Charlie has a lovely new home to go to!!

Last edited:
Poor you, and poor Charlie! Must have been a total nightmare, thank goodness you had extra blankets in your car!

So glad your home safe :D The weather is such a nightmare at the moment :(

Happy Birthday :D sounds like you need to put your feet up :lol: xXx

Poor you, and poor Charlie! Must have been a total nightmare, thank goodness you had extra blankets in your car!

always carry loads - excellent for soundproofing rear when putting cages and carriers in - and for 'separating' buns in carriers put side by side!!

been thinking about you whilst sat by the fire watching the horrible weather on the telly:oops: glad you're safe - what a mammoth journey:shock:

and happy birthday:D:wave:

Sounds like a nightmare. Thank goodness you were prepared with blankets.
Did you not ask the travelodge if they had a stable with a manger :lol::lol:
(very bad attempt at a christmas joke)

Happy Birthday:)

Having read Cath's thread, I was worried for you and the bunster. I'm so glad you're both safe at home.:D
Happy Birthday!:wave:

Gosh, what a nightmare. Im glad you and Charlie are back safe and sound.
I hope you have a very happy birthday, you are a wonderful person.

Was thinking about you after Kath posted last night and especially after seeing the dreadful gridlock of the motorways on the news.

Glad you are both back safely and most importantly of all

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Sounds like you need a good stiff drink after your experiences. Well done :D

Glad you made it unscathed. We were wondering how things were going when we passed the sign for Weston-super-mare on our way back from Devon. We were very lucky and got back to Watford at about 3pm before our roads became impassable. Glad Charlie is ok and we wish him good luck in his new home!

:wave: I'm glad to hear your safe and hope you feel better soon. Happy Birthday and lucky little Charlie having such lovely people in his life to look after him :love:

Back