• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

signs of a bun with sight problems?

bunnies with cataracts/age related lens degeneration have cloudy looking eyes.

These bunnies can live a normal life so please don't worry.:)

If your bun does have sight problems it will be easier for them if you keep things in the same place and buy toys that jingle etc.
If they do not already have a partner maybe get them a fully sighted partner?

There are lots on here who will be able to give you advice but initially you need to have your bunny examined by a vet to properly diagnose if there is indeed a problem.-sue:wave:

I am afraid I am just learning as Humphrey's eyesight is deteriorating. I stick to a routine with him and make sure that there is nothing in the way of his regular routes in/out the hutch.

I also talk very loudly to him so I don't creep up on him and scare him. He gets very jumpy and nervous otherwise. The neighbours must think I am mad.

But he still runs into my legs sometimes when I am taking him his tea. Nothing like a headbutt in the ankles by a french lop:roll: (he doesn't hurt himself -he is a hardheaded, stubborn boy)

I'm suspecting my foster Gemma, has sight problems. She has no cloudy look in her eye, but is showing signs like running into things, and getting very startled which then makes her attack :(

Back