• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi

kirstyg

Warren Scout
i want to get another rabbit for one of my rabbits but i dont know what to get please help and the reason i want ot get another rabbit for is to get my rabbits spirit back as she lost two of her babies girls well they were a year old she is my only female rabbit that i have would she fight with another female

Hello. Is your female spayed? This is an important first-step as hormones can make females very grouchy plus spaying is essential for health-reasons too.

If she is spayed a neutered male would probably be a good companion for her.

Hello. Is your female spayed? This is an important first-step as hormones can make females very grouchy plus spaying is essential for health-reasons too.

If she is spayed a neutered male would probably be a good companion for her.
Agreed. If she isnt I would get her spayed as it will help with her hormones and also prevent uterine cancer. Once she is bonding will be much easier but a neutered male would be the best option

i cant aford to have her spayed as its costs over 100 pounds near me

You can't afford not to get her spayed. 80% of female rabbits will get uterine or mammary cancer by the time they are 5. This is really expensive to treat and most will die of it. If you get her spayed the risks will be completely gone.

I wouldn't attempt bonding until she is spayed as it is much more likely not to work. You can then get a neutered boy who has already been done which will save you that expense.

3 isn't old to spay a rabbit. I would try and find a different vet if I were you. you never know, they may be cheaper too.

Absolutely agree with Rhian33, shop around and find a vet that will spay her, I have had does spayed at almost five years, and four years old with no problems at all. As long as she is healthy three years is not too old to be spayed.

I wouldn't get another bun if you can't afford £100 on a spay. I have several buns, & one illness cost me thousands

yes she is vaccinated which has costs me triple of what i pay for my other rabbits my parents do help me out with some of the vaccitions but none of my rabbits can have aniseptics as they are all aliergiced to anisectics (sorry bad spelling) i know its stupid but and my female rabbit has health condition
which is why she is not sprayed

Last edited:
Back