• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had to give Sunflower back today :'(

Well I've not really been tracking it on here, cos for the first two weeks they were great together, they were introduced at the rescue for a week, then came home, and were fine for a week, snuggling, grooming etc.

Then they just turned on each other. It was like Beau just didn't understand rabbit language. She would put her head down for him to groom, and instead of grooming, he'd put his head down too. Bless him, it was like he was copying her to do the right thing, and getting it totally wrong. And then she'd get frustrated and start chasing him, and he'd turn, and it would end in a fight with fur everywhere.

We tried everything. Splitting them up and starting again, putting them in a carrier and going for a drive, honey on the heads, lots of toys, lots of treats. Nothing worked. I think Beau needs a really soppy weedy girly who will just follow him around :roll:

Just to clarify, I've not just given up. I've been working very closely with Caroline at the Rabbit Residence rescue to try absolutely everything to get it to work. We are either going to try again with Sunflower in the new year, or try another, more submissive girlie, or maybe just accept that Beau's gonna be an only bun. :cry:

awww hun dont feel bad.. they had issues atleast now the lady at the rescue knows what type of bun he needs in his life.. thats how lou chose pearl for us.. his bonding with Jubilee was a disaster.

its better she goes off and finds her new man and Beau gets the girly of his dreams :love::love:

i know your attached hun, but it isnt giving up admitting the buns dont want to fall inlove.. plenty poor little angels out there for him to pick one he wants to spend his old age with :love::love:

Its a shame it didnt work out but try not to feel bad. You are making the most selfless decision and just trying to do right by both bunnies involved. Fingers crossed Beau has a suitable partner soon.

Oh no I'm gutted for you :( I'm sure you'll make the best decisions for Beau if and when it seems right to try him again with another girlie. Caroline knows her bunnies so well I'm confident she'll be keeping her thoughts open for one whose personality might suit him better. Big hugs to you xxx

Awww, I'm so sorry. :cry::cry: I know exactly how you feel - I tried bonding Max to my two and had to make the difficult decision this morning to call it off and get Lou to come and get him because it was all too much for him. :(

You're doing the best thing by Beau and Sunflower, that's the main thing. :)

Well I've not really been tracking it on here, cos for the first two weeks they were great together, they were introduced at the rescue for a week, then came home, and were fine for a week, snuggling, grooming etc.

Then they just turned on each other. It was like Beau just didn't understand rabbit language. She would put her head down for him to groom, and instead of grooming, he'd put his head down too. Bless him, it was like he was copying her to do the right thing, and getting it totally wrong. And then she'd get frustrated and start chasing him, and he'd turn, and it would end in a fight with fur everywhere.

We tried everything. Splitting them up and starting again, putting them in a carrier and going for a drive, honey on the heads, lots of toys, lots of treats. Nothing worked. I think Beau needs a really soppy weedy girly who will just follow him around :roll:

this sounds so familiar:( sorry it hasn't worked out this time. you're stronger than me - after spending over 3 months with esme in my life, i can't imagine not having her:( my goal is to get her a pal one way or another. maybe eric & beau are both just plain daft (and spoilt:oops:). xxx

Back