• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

sad day

mandybabe

New Kit
Its a very sad day for me I had to have my rabbit who we had for nearly 7 yrs put to sleep. He stopped eating a few days ago when we took him to the vets they thought it may have been his teeth. But on futher examination they found he had a mass of some sort in his abdomen. They said the best thing for him would be to put him to sleep. Has anyone else experienced this with there rabbits? But I would like to say he had a good life with us. He had the run of the garden in the day and a nice hutch to sleep in at night. I dont believe in keeping them penned up. mandy

Really sorry for your loss :cry:, it may have been a tumour or severe stasis, look it up on this forum my bunny has had it about 6 times and lots of other people's bunny have had it too.

I lost two bunnies to it.

It needs to be caught early and you need a rabbit savvy vet, when a bunny stops eating it needs to be seen by a vet that same day asap.

im really sorry :cry::cry::cry::cry:

a bloke i work with had to have his bunny put down because he got a blockage from eating something he should of left alone and they didnt realise he had access too until it was too late. the vet told them that there was very little chance of survival from an operation on the stomach so the kindest thing was to let him go :cry::cry:

Back