• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drawf Lop

clarebear

Mama Doe
Does anyone know what sort of size a drawf lop would be/get? Seen a beautiful girl, who might be suitable as a wifey for Bramble.

She hasn't been nutered, neither has Bramble yet..... would they both need to be 'done' if I wanted to put them in together eventually?

well petal hasn't gotten really big but she is a big bun. really couldn't say in measurements what size she is.

Dwarf lops are generally around 2.5kg, most breeds will bond sizewise its all about about personality. Sorry for my ignorance but is Bramble a boy or a girl? Either way bonding will be much easier of they are both 'done' and have had a few weeks to recover

If these help Millie is apparently a dwarf lop. 2 years old so fully grown.

Not the best pics but they give some size comparability.

mandb02.jpg

mandb04.jpg

mandb16.jpg

mandb05.jpg

Dwarf lops aren't dwarfs if that helps? :lol:

Yes that does help! :lol: So their not that small then!

Bramble is male, and I'd love to get him a friend for company. I've found a lovely lady at my local rescue centre.......might have to go for a look. I would of course keep them seperate to begin with anyway.

Also just found an add on Gumtree - Netherland Dwarf rabbit female, grey, comes with hutch needs new home due to ill health, please call for more information. - Also fairly local to me.

I know it sounds silly, but Bramble is quite small, and I don't want his wife to be bigger than him! :lol: When Bramble was weighed back in July he was 1.7 kgs....although I have a feeling he might be a bit bigger now.

Aww Millie is lovely, maybe a bit bigger than Bramble though.

pc060008.jpg

bramblemini006.jpg

p7310006.jpg

He really is quite small. He'll be 3 years old in Feburary.

Yes that does help! :lol: So their not that small then!

Bramble is male, and I'd love to get him a friend for company. I've found a lovely lady at my local rescue centre.......might have to go for a look. I would of course keep them seperate to begin with anyway.

Also just found an add on Gumtree - Netherland Dwarf rabbit female, grey, comes with hutch needs new home due to ill health, please call for more information. - Also fairly local to me.

I know it sounds silly, but Bramble is quite small, and I don't want his wife to be bigger than him! :lol: When Bramble was weighed back in July he was 1.7 kgs....although I have a feeling he might be a bit bigger now.

It's mini lops that have the dwarf gene not dwarf lops, but the dwarf lops did look like dwarfs at the time in comparison to frenchies :lol:

Nethies, mini lops and purebred lionheads are small breeds but I'm sure you'd be fine with a dwarf lop :)

re dwarf lops

If it`s of any help I have a dutch male and a dwarf lop female, they love eachother so much. I don`t think it`s a problem unless you have a very small bun and a giant as obviously the food intake is a good deal different. (Having said that Joe could eat for England given the chance):D

Lola is 3.5 years old and weighs 2.49kg

Max is 2.5 years old and eighs 3kg.

They are both 'dwarf lops' but Max is alot bigger than Lola. I assume they are crosses.

Brian and Lenny were supposed to be dwarf lops too, however Brian has remained minature and is now smaller than Jemimah :roll: and Lenny is a 'designer' bunny with bits of everything :shock:. so dwarf lop crosses! :lol:

Size wise I think a dwarf lop would be great for Bramble.

bisc and matt are dwarf lops and people always say how big they are! but matt weighs 2.4kg and bisc is 2.3kg at his ideal weight... lost weight recently so it tiny at the minute... 1.8kg.. :(

... but yeh, they are medium size i would say...:wave:

Sounds just about right then! Her name is Herbie, and I hope to meet her tomorrow. I'm just going to email the rescue to see if that's okay.......so excited!

Back