• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Great idea for dealing with frozen water!

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Mum came up with this one (thanks Mum!)

As well as their usual water bowl/bottle, also give them a bowl full of snow. It doesn't go solid and it doesn't melt so if the water bowl freezes over, they can still nibble on the snow! Mine like to eat the snow anyway so this is just an easy way to ensure they've still got access to liquid overnight.

Works a treat.

:lol: I thought of this yesterday too
Flash and Jez wont eat snow of drink from a bowl though :lol:

if you have water bowl put a ping pong type ball not one that will sink lol and because of natrul movement of the ball it should not get ice on top of water ;) (only works if it ball moves some times) worth a try

if you have water bowl put a ping pong type ball not one that will sink lol and because of natrul movement of the ball it should not get ice on top of water ;) (only works if it ball moves some times) worth a try

What if the rabbit removes the ball? Sora won't even leave his water bowl alone most of the time :lol:
I keep it inside his housing area hoping it will make it last at least a bit longer... problem is it keeps getting hay in there :lol: But aw well, hay+water never hurt anyone, as long as its not kept to rot which is hard when I change it several times a day:p
I'd rather go with the snow than ball XD

you do know that rabbits eating snow is a really bad thing as it lowers the body temp and cant cause the body to shut down just like in humans that why if your caught in snow sranded you should never never eat the snow if you thirsty
drinking near frozen water they cant drink it as it frozen sorry only way round this is to keep changing the water put old socks over the bottles helps a bit and dont give cold water give slightly off cold water it doesnt freeze as quick ann x

Back