• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi do you know how young I can start introducing Veg to my Rabbits diet??

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Hello Guys..

this forum has been sooo helpful to me, as I was a bit of an unexpected bunny owner, I wouldn't change Bobby for the world though. So I apologise if I seem a bit stupid not knowing these things.

Bobby is four months old at the mo, and she sometimes grabs the odd dandilion leave but I have not started her on Veg yet. d you know when the best time to do this would be:D

My bun was 3 and a half months old when we got her, and was already being fed some veg at this point, so you should be fine to start feeding veggies now.

Just make sure you take it slowly, offering only a small piece of 1 type of veg to begin with. If there are no tummy problems (i.e. soft poos) then you can slowly increase the amount that you are feeding, otherwise stop for a day or two and try again.

There are loads of lists of 'safe foods' on this forum, just use the search box to look for useful threads. Perhaps start with herbs (coriander/parsley/dill) as these are often a favourite bunny snack!

Good luck :D

Yep, just as said above. Introduce 1 type of veg at a time then check to make sure he's not doing soft poos a few hours after it. Soon you'll build up a collection of veg that you know you can feed him without affecting his digestive tract. Keep it in small amounts, though, until he is 6 months +

Back