• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed do you reckon Roxy is?

Amy.

Alpha Buck
I'd imagine she's a mix of something, although i'm not too sure what..
The rescue i got her from said she was from an unwanted litter, so no clues there particularly.
Here's a couple of pics:

At the rescue-
Thumper.jpg

And one i took last week-
PICT0364.jpg

And to get a vague idea of size, next to her husbun, Leo, the dwarf lop, doing some syncronized cleaning (Apologies for the colour of Leo's feet.. :oops:)
PICT0375.jpg

ETA- Brother Nemo
Nemo.jpg

Last edited:
Her colour is called tort, and it's likely she's a cross breed.

She looks similar to a Thuringer, but they're quite a rare breed.

From the shape of her head, I'd say she's got some lop in her. And does her sibling in the first photo have a lionhead type mane?

Yes the other bun is a lionhead. Four of them came in together - 2 Lionhead sisters, And Roxy and her brother. I don't believe that she is related to the lionhead, but that there were 2 litters, which then lived together. Give me a sec, and i'll put up a picture of her brother, see if that is any help. :)

Purebred lops have really flat squished noses :?

If that's her brother, she can't be a thuringer x

Ehh, I'm confused :lol: Where did you get lop from then? Roxy's face looks like most non lop rabbits'.

Cuz her face is shorter and more round than most common up-eared breeds (i.e. Dutch, Rex), and her body is chunky like a lop as well. Just strikes me as looking like a pet-shop bred dwarf lop without the loppy ears :)

A lionhead for comparison...
_wsb_474x377_im000010+$282$29rria+this+one.jpg

She's defo not a lionhead, look at her brothers ears, they're enourmous!

Is her brother rex coated? He looks it on the picture

Last edited:
Ahh sorry Leo (the lop) is no relation whatsoever to Roxy. He's from pets at home :)oops:). Roxy's brother, Nemo (the black bun with the blue eyes), is still at the rescue, and i briefly saw him when i visited. I don't *think* he's a rex, although he does look like he is in the pic! I looked on rabbit rehome and he's just listed as 'small', so i'm going to assume he's not a rex.

Edit - i'm going to PM the lady at the rescue and see whether the lionhead girls are a relation to Roxy and Nemo. I was under the impression that they weren't, but i'm not so sure now.

Last edited:
Back