• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie and Bubbles won't be getting a new friend :(

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't say anything before as I didn't want to jinx anything but (with the help of Louise and Alison) I'd been trying to bond this little man with my two this weekend: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=203930

Things started really well but things changed yesterday evening and little Max was beginning to look quite stressed by the whole thing. There was only minor chasing, but Max never really relaxed in between times and was eating less and less & just generally looking sorry for himself in the corner.

I'm absolutely gutted :cry::cry: but made the very hard decision to call off the bonding and so Max has gone back to Lou's parents for now and will be on the lookout for a lovely wifey very soon. He will make somebody very happy, I'm sure, and is a lovely little boy. :love::love:

On the bright side, Alfie and Bubbles don't seem at all put off by the goings on this weekend and are already back outside as though nothing ever happened.

It's a real shame as things seemed to be going ok until yesterday :( but Max wasn't happy and I don't really believe in stressful bondings, especially to make a trio. I don't think He and Alfie would have got on long term, and you don't want them kicking off every few weeks/months

I'm glad we tried, but I think we did the right thing to stop it.

I am determined to find Max a lovely home where he can have a wifey bun all to himself. I just think it was all a bit much for him

Aww, what a shame! :(
Max is lovely!! :love:

i hope you find him a home, he sounds and looks like such a sweetie! :love::love:

Before bonding started, I was quite pessimistic about the whole thing and was convinced there would be an all out fight right at the start and that we wouldn't even get this far. They'd been together since Saturday morning, and I think it's hit me harder because I'd been convincing myself I'd been wrong to have doubts and that all would be ok.

I agree with Lou - if I'd carried on, it wouldn't have been fair on any of the buns, most of all Max, and I'm lucky that Alfie and Bubbles's bond hasn't been affected.

I don't regret trying at all, as there was always a chance that Max would have integrated relly well and been happy. I do think he'll be much happier as part of a pair though and that the group dynamics of a threesome was just a little too much for the poor boy to cope with. :(

Apologies to Lou for turning into a blubbering idiot this morning :oops: and a huge thank you for all your help, support and running around over the last few days. :love:

At Louise's request, I was going to make a donation to Rainbow Rabbits as Max's adoption fee - I am still going to make a donation, in recognition of all Louise's efforts.

Back