• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cherry's test results

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Just got Cherry's results back.

Shows she has mild anemia and has some Calcium carbonate crystals in her urine.

Receptionist was going to see the vet and see if they wanted to phone me back.

Advice was to keep an eye on her outputs.

Is there anything I can do with her diet to make her more comfortable?

No signs of cancers from xray/bloods/urine.

Thats good news!! :D Im glad its positive :) Been so worried about Cherry :(

Sending lots of nose rubs for the little girl. Sorry ive no advice about the diet :) xXx

Is this Cherry from RSPCA Walsall? Sorry just being nosey as we have Cherry's sister. Just wondered if it was the same one :oops:

All the same though,....hope she is ok :love:

No She came from Tameside Rabbit and guinea Pig rescue :)

Incidental findings I think. I took her in as she is losing weight and drinking considerably more. She has had 3 dentals since August, with the 3rd being last week.

I am thinking of putting her bottle back up to try an monitor the water intake more, however, she seems to be dinking more from the bowl, Im in a chicken / egg situation here. Other members have had more success with dental buns eating hay if they drink more. she is drinking more, but just nor eating more hay :)

Incidental findings I think. I took her in as she is losing weight and drinking considerably more. She has had 3 dentals since August, with the 3rd being last week.

I am thinking of putting her bottle back up to try an monitor the water intake more, however, she seems to be dinking more from the bowl, Im in a chicken / egg situation here. Other members have had more success with dental buns eating hay if they drink more. she is drinking more, but just nor eating more hay :)

I would leave her with a bowl. One of my dental buns is totally incapable of drinking from a bottle, and the others definitely find a bowl easier.

No She came from Tameside Rabbit and guinea Pig rescue :)

Oh right! Hope she starts eating more soon. Is she eating anything at all? Pelletts? Veggies?

Do you soak her pellets?

Unfortunately some dental problems are just too severe for buns to even be capable of eating hay. The concept of cutting back on other foods so that a bun eats hay doesn't work for severe dental buns. Personally I would give up on the hay idea and just feed her whatever she'll eat (within reason obviously).

She is eating, and loves greens, so she has plenty of them, and pellets, and gets a bowl of oats every couple of days.

It is only since moving way from veggies, at the vets request, that this has happened, and with the xrays - bloods-unrines being dones and this is all that has been brought back, I think it is due to needing a dental and not eating enough.

Just have to save for the next dental now.

Hopefully Frankie was just a blip from his previous life. His spurs were tiny and the vet said they wene't worth doing :) IYSWIM

sounds positive overall. bisc's tests showed he was anaemic aswell. his wee was gritty aswell. sounds very similar.

glad cherry is doing ok now. good that no cancer/other problems were there. :)

Back