• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

broken bonding?

deja224

Alpha Buck
Hi, we have 7 rabbits all bonded all has been going well untill too of the bunnys decided to gang up against the others, they are not attacking the others, just pushing there weight around, we have a older boy and they tend to sit on him, are they working out who is in charge or do I need to rebond them? Bit of info on the terrible two we have no idea on age, both have been spayed, we dont no were they came from as one was dumped on our door step 6mths ago and the other was dumped on the door step a few weeks ago, any tips or ideas be great thanks

As i dont no what to do and no one to help going to take them out, my friend is coming to take them for a bit, thanks

I don't think many people have experience of bonding larger groups. I know I haven't, I have managed one group of 4 and thats it, so I am sorry I wouldn't know what to suggest :)

I would say if one has only recently been spayed it might be worth waiting a little longer for hormones to die down:?

We have a few large groups in the rescue, and the larger the group the more scuffles you can expect, but once any real aggression is shown such as biting, then the aggressor is taken out of the group, and the set up is reassessed to see what has changed in their environment that may have upset the status quo e.g something as simple as a new platform in their enclosure can get one bun territorial.
Personally I'm not keen on large groups (from the point of keeping an eye on how each individual bun is pooping/eating etc) and prefer a max of 3 or 4.

Back