• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for my Special Man Please

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so scared for Badger. I just posted this in health

It's 1.40am.

I've got a problem with Badger and I'm terrified and don't know if this warrants an emergency vet, or even what I should do until then.

Three weeks ago (well, three weeks on Thursday) Badger had a dental. He had it because every so often, when he was asleep, he would make a funny, squelchy, gaggy noise from his mouth. It was very occassional, maybe once every 24 hours.

He has been fine since.

I spent from 4pm to 11.30pm with him continunously and do this everyday (he's bonding with Rosie), and he has been fine today.

Since going to bed, in my room he's done that funny noise four times and when I was watching him he had his nose in the air as far as it could go, was breathing super quick, and at one point even looked like mouth breathing, then he would do that noise and settle a bit more.

I've brought him out of my room and given him some food in case he as something caught (and he has eaten stuff). I have checked his gums and they look pink. He's very alert and lively and running around.

What on EARTH do I do? Does this warrant an emergency vet? Given it's the middle of the night and that he seems ok when awake.

I'm so, so scared I'm going to lose him.

I can't lose anymore, I can't. And it's terrifying to think they may be linked.

Please please send any good vibes you can.

No advice but just wanted to send loads of vibes for him.

Thinking of you both and hope everything is ok. x

Thank you very much for all the vibes :)

thinking of you and badger. how is he now? xx

Thank you for asking :)

He seems absolutely fine now other than a bit of fast breathing. He has not coughed again, which is a good thing, but he has a vets appointment at 10.20.

I sure hope he can work out what's going on and why he was doing that.

Sending vibes for Badger xx

I'm sure you know, but nose pointed in the air usually means that a bun is struggling to breathe.

If it's any consolation, I'd very much doubt it's related to what happened to Tilly.

Back