• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Help Needed - Peaches Is Bleeding - Panic over! lol

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Its coming from her toe are, but dont know if she's just pulled a claw out or caught it on something else.

I've tried cornflower and it worked a bit but then she struggled when we tried to move her into her pen and i think she scratched the top off (if you know what i mean) so it started again.

I dont think it's loads of blood, i think it just looks more than there is

What do i do?

She just lying down atm, her teeth arent grinding from what i can see

Will it stop bleeding by itself? She was hopping around on it ok. She's licking it to try and clean it

Last edited:
Hi not too sure about this mabs ur right about the claw mine have done this bofore we just used a damp cloth to bathe it down and have a good look... Not sure what else it could be...!
Has she been outside??
Hope shes ok!! x

Hi not too sure about this mabs ur right about the claw mine have done this bofore we just used a damp cloth to bathe it down and have a good look... Not sure what else it could be...!
Has she been outside??
Hope shes ok!! x

No she's indoors and not easy to handle so cant get a close look :roll:

She doesnt seem bothered by it, she's not even licking it anymore. :roll:

She's on towels in a pen atm, so i'm just watching to see if there's anymore blood on them

I've never panicked so much in my life! I was in tears, I had to wake the OH up cos i was hysterical :(

Thank you both for replying xx

No she's indoors and not easy to handle so cant get a close look :roll:

She doesnt seem bothered by it, she's not even licking it anymore. :roll:

She's on towels in a pen atm, so i'm just watching to see if there's anymore blood on them

I've never panicked so much in my life! I was in tears, I had to wake the OH up cos i was hysterical :(

Thank you both for replying xx

Bless!! I dont know what else to say she must not be in pain of any sort though!! So thats good! I hope for ur sake its just a nail though :) Keep us updated :love:

Awww i'm sure she'll be ok!! Hope you are feeling a bit more calm now xx

Yeah just a bit thanks :lol:

I've got blood down my fave jeans and cardi though :( Hope it comes out!

Plus there's blood on the kitchen floor, on the rabbit room floor and on the carpet at the top of the stairs - good job its an old carpet!

Just keep an eye to make sure it stops. As long as it's not pouring then it should stop by itself. You can put preasure on the toe above to slow the bleeding but f she doesn't like being picked up then best to leave her alone as struggling will make it worse.

my jove, I remember when one of my buns nail was ripped off (my memory doesn't go as far as which bun it was :lol:) and the blood that came out was just horrenduous :shock: I think its the shock of seeing so much blood.

I did ring the vets in a panic, and they said to keep an eye on it and its nothing much to worry about and to make sure its not bleeding excessively, and make sure the bleeding stops :)

Sorry no experience, if it's not bleeding that's good, and she's not in pain grinding her teeth, try not to worry too much and take her to the vets tomorrow for a consultation...have you tried picking her up in a towel? does help with un co operative buns or buns not liking being picked up...hope everything goes ok

my jove, I remember when one of my buns nail was ripped off (my memory doesn't go as far as which bun it was :lol:) and the blood that came out was just horrenduous :shock: I think its the shock of seeing so much blood.

I did ring the vets in a panic, and they said to keep an eye on it and its nothing much to worry about and to make sure its not bleeding excessively, and make sure the bleeding stops :)

I think it was just the blood that sent me into a panic sorry :oops:

Well ive just managed to pick her up and had a look, and it doesnt look like its getting any worse, so im taking that that its stopping

As i said, she seems happy - i've given her a box to play in and she's loving it! :lol:

Back