• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

[b]dave: another update 23/12[b]

capel

Warren Veteran
:oops::oops:I'm so sorry about being so slow with an update. I've had several PMs asking for news on him, but haven't been on the computer much this past week. Anyway..here goes:) :

He seems to be settling in a bit now, and even ventures out of his tunnel now and then to sit in the corner, even when we're in the room. YAY!! Progress!!:lol:
This weekend we've noticed that he doesn't immediately scamper for cover when we walk near his cage and the awful whimpering is only occasional now. At the moment Rog is the only person who picks him up, as we feel that it's probably best that he gets used to being handled by one person until he realises that human touch doesn't mean that something bad is going to happen. However, I give him a nose rub at odd times throughout the day and he doesn't seem to shrink away as much as before. Rog hands him to me for a bit of a cuddle before he is put back in his crate and he doesn't struggle so much when being picked up and put down. He LOVES porage and overcomes his nervousness to wolf it down in the evening. Here's a piccy of him having a cuddle with his "Whisperer" earlier this evening.

DSC00871.jpg
DSC00870.jpg

Last edited:
Rog had him out for his late afternoon cuddle and he seemed fairy chilled..so chilled, in fact, that he took a shreddie and ate it while in R's arms. Rog was so thrilled that he was almost in tears!. Progress!! *does a happy dance*
14.gif

Rog had him out for his late afternoon cuddle and he seemed fairy chilled..so chilled, in fact, that he took a shreddie and ate it while in R's arms. Rog was so thrilled that he was almost in tears!. Progress!! *does a happy dance*
14.gif

Oh bless him he is a good boy isnt he and Rog sounds like he is working magic :) He likes sultannas as a treat too

Back