• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits...

Kloy

Warren Scout
...answer to their names? Neither Rambo or Lola seem to, and I was just wondering if you can train them to come when they're called, and how to go about doing it.

At the moment if I want them (usually only when it's bed time) I shake the bag of pellets and they come like rockets.

Mine have started too!

Toffee does, if you say his name he will look at you :lol:
Fuzzy and daisy are getting there! :love:

Pearl does... Alvin is deaf i think so nope he dont but he does respond to the light getting turned on :)

Yay! :D

Neither of mine do. I'd started to think lola was going a little deaf because she is completely unfazed by the noise from the junkyard behind us, but she seems to hear the food bag rustle just fine. Selective hearing I think....

Did you just use their names with them all the time, or do you specifically reward them if they come to you or react when called?

With Charlie when he was a baby I would reward him every time he came to his name. And then I just slowly cut it down, so now if I call him over he always comes and will get a reward now and then.
He also goes to bed when he's told :love: All I have to do it stand up and say "Bed" and he runs into his hutch :lol:

Mine ALL answer to 'Barney' because he's my special boy and I call him for any treat first, and the rest now fling themselves at me the moment I call. :p They probably all think they're called Barney. Or think 'Barney' means treat time.

they both answer to a "ch-ch" sort of noise (like you make for a cat) and to the noise of ceramics clinking. I rarely use their names though I always call them daft stuff like "precious fluffy snugglechops" :oops::oops::oops:

I use my buns names all the time whilst I chatter away to them. Daz and Catkin know their names. Molly has selective hearing......

Doona and Humphrey know their names and come running from wherever they are hiding in the garden. They also know what 'Go to bed' and 'tea-time' means:roll::roll:

Hmmmm I think both of mine are familiar with 'dinnertime', or at least familiar with what the pellet bag looks like..they've also both learnt which cupboard food is kept in

Pipkin's ears always swivel when I say his name but I don't know whether he'd come when called, specifically; he runs over when I go out to see them anyway so I can't really test it.
I don't think Ruby knows her name yet. I don't know what her original name was cause she was a stray... maybe I should try out various bunny names and see if she responds to any :lol:

Herbie usually runs over to greet me, so I'm not sure whether he responds to his actual name or not. Sugar definitely doesn't respond to her name, not yet anyway.

They both respond and get really excited when I call "Bunny breakfast" or "Bunny tea-time"......not sure why that would be :lol:

depends what you mean by respond!

matthew and tabitha know their own names, and can differentiate between them. i also have a song for each, which i sing if i'm about to pick them up, so they know what to expect (and three little hugs means i'm about to put them back).

but they don't come when called. they just stop, and look at me as if to say "you want me? .... well come and find me..." (see radiohead, talk show host).

Delly does :D Oggs sometimes does. :lol: He responds more to 'whats thiiiisss then' as he thinks he is either going to get food or a noserub.

Rambo ****** up his ears at the sound of my voice....Lola however doesn't seem to notice I'm there until she sees me. She IS the noisiest rabbit EVER though; probably can't hear me over her own whiffling and humming :roll: :love:

Bella def does as I've had her from 8wk old..but then she also answeres to 'come on' and 'what's this' litterrly runs to me on that one :lol: and also 'in' :lol:
Oscar is just learning as he's newly adopted but he's picking his name up slowly :D

Ginger does, Pickle doesn't! Picks knows it perfectly well, he just assumes when I call him it's for a cuddle, or to go in his carrier. :roll:

Hera's huge ears turn like a radar when she hears her name, and she comes out of her shed when I call her.
All the others only answer to the rattle of food:lol:

Back