• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

safe to post now but WHAT A *censored* night-U/D back from vets and all is OK :)

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
early on i had a feeling Alvin was heading towards hunger strike.. he refused his saturday parsley treat but was still eating pellets :?

then within the hour he was refusing everything.... out came the drugs :roll::roll:

two attempts at getting water in as well as the metacam, metaclop, gripe water *shudders* im well and truely beat up, the towel now has a hole :oops::oops: and hes eating hay like theres no tomorrow... but worse

Pearl only tried to commit suicide too :cry::cry::cry::cry: the pillow shes been killing for months finally fought back today and to my horror shed only got it wrapped around her neck... my poor baby girl was in such a panic i thought her heart would stop beating...

not to jinx it all... but all is calm now..... i cant actually live with the stress as a bunny mom :shock::shock::shock::shock:

im so tired but im scared to sleep right now :(

Last edited:
Blimey, u have had a stressful night! :shock:

I'm glad everytjings ok now tho

they like to keep us on our ties don't they :roll:

Oh gosh.. stressful. I can relate. My rabbit (not the one I Have now) one time got her neck wrapped around with a blanket and was strangling herself. When I found her she was making grunting noises and I was panicked when I saw what happened. I had to cut her out of it as it was so tight and when I was cutting it I had to make it tighter in order to cut it off and I was totally shaking. HORRIBLE experience!

Oh good grief!! I hope all has settled down tomorrow, or I'll have to send Thumps round to sort out Alvin.

both bunnies seem fine today, i on the other hand have a stomach so tied in knots i hardly slept :(

just about to give morning veg so hopefully Alvin gobbles that up the way hes eating pellets lol

both bunnies seem fine today, i on the other hand have a stomach so tied in knots i hardly slept :(

just about to give morning veg so hopefully Alvin gobbles that up the way hes eating pellets lol

Aw sounds like you need infacol, zantac and metacam...:? Plus some fibreplex and plenty of hay...;)

:shock: good grief

why do bunnies seem so prone to doing mental things like tying pillows round themselves...i never had this problem with cats.

one time I left Poppy with a willow ball and when I came back a cople of hours later she had got a piece of it tied really tightly round her middle and I had to get someone to hold her still while I snipped it off with wire cutters :shock::shock:

have you got any booze in yet....hope so

he ate his veg but im still on full para alert... little sod is trying thats for sure... now i know now is lazy nothing time yet it wont stop me panicking everytime he shifts position :roll:

Nightmare! Glad they're both doing ok now. Sending 'be good, stop scaring mummy and eat your dinner' vibes to the bunnies.

Daisy gave me the fright of my life at the beginning of the week. I didn't post about it on here as I felt so ashamed of being a terrible bunny mummy. :( I woke up to her stamping but ignored it for a bit as I was knackered after a bad night with very little sleep, finally got up to check 10 or maybe 20 mins later to discover she had wrapped the bed sheet around her neck and had her front paws off the floor struggling to get out :( The o/h had to cut the sheet off her and poor Daisy was terrified :cry:

Luckily she was fine and it hadn't hurt her neck at all, but she was clearly frightened, as was Jester.

I am never ignoring a stamping bunny again - still haven't forgiven myself.

ive booked Alvin into the vets tomorrow morning.. he is gobbling up junk food (pellets and banana and even some porridge) and he has eaten his breakfast veg and hay this morning about 11am.. but im quite worried by the lack of poops and the apparent fear of eating hay now the metacam is wearing off...

think my boy may need a dental before xmas :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Nightmare! Glad they're both doing ok now. Sending 'be good, stop scaring mummy and eat your dinner' vibes to the bunnies.

Daisy gave me the fright of my life at the beginning of the week. I didn't post about it on here as I felt so ashamed of being a terrible bunny mummy. :( I woke up to her stamping but ignored it for a bit as I was knackered after a bad night with very little sleep, finally got up to check 10 or maybe 20 mins later to discover she had wrapped the bed sheet around her neck and had her front paws off the floor struggling to get out :( The o/h had to cut the sheet off her and poor Daisy was terrified :cry:

Luckily she was fine and it hadn't hurt her neck at all, but she was clearly frightened, as was Jester.

I am never ignoring a stamping bunny again - still haven't forgiven myself.

makes you feel sick to the stomach dont it... i didnt go straight up because i was just happy she was playful and didnt wanna spoil her fun :(

Oh donnamt, I'm so sorry that Alvin needs a dental. It sounds so much like what Thumps does - going for the mushy foods that don't need chewing.
I can usually keep him hydrated with cucumber & he'll drink a bit if the water's warm.
Everything crossed for Alvin, that his tummy keeps moving & he can get treatment quickly.
Thank goodness Pearl has recovered from her fright.
I hope you are recovering too.

i have cucumber :D i give them both a chunk when pearl gets her meds at 6pm... he just ate a piece of spring green leaf and a tiny mouthful of hay so hes willing and ill be topping up his metacam and gut stuff at 7pm... appointemt is with my new fave vet of all time too... i was amazed when the gal said they had two slots :D:D:D

im preying its not the teeth, but im not convinced this time its just simple old stasis.. he only did the uncomfy tummy thing once last night and hasnt since :?..

i dont understand why he dont dribble tho, thats what ive been watching for since May :?:?:?

i hope if he needs a dental it gets done early on and not something silly like xmas eve :shock::shock:

*hates xmas* :evil::evil::evil:

Back