• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi, new member & bunny owner

AilsaDS

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, my name's Mel & I live in York, North Yorks.

I'm a new convert to bunnies since I visited my local rescue centre a couple of weeks ago & fell in love with a gorgeous bunny who desperately needed a loving home, & I was fortunate enough to bring him home yesterday.

My new baby's called Phillip and is about 2yo, although I have no idea what breed he is, probably a cross - not that it matters to me; he's beautiful whatever :love:

He was a cruelty case as his previous owner/s abandoned him & his fellow bunny in an empty house without food or water. He was very lucky to survive but unfortunately his friend had already died by the time they were rescued.

Phillip is an adorable boy & soo friendly, he doesn't seem fazed by anything & even lets me pick him up (though he is a lil skittish, understandably, so I don't hold him for more than a few seconds @ the mo). Last night he was running back & forward across my knees & flopping down beside me (& he does flop.. lol).
I tried him together with one of my kittens last night but my kitten was a little over enthusiastic & bit Phillip on the tail; Phillip didn't even react but my kitten got wet from a well timed squirt of water ;)

I've decided for now to let him run in an indoor pen to give him time out of his cage (as he's not litter trained yet), but this is mainly to give him chance to get used to my kittens.. & them him - although he's not really concerned about them but I don't yet trust my kittens with him & I want to make sure he's safe before I let them out together.

I hope though that I can get them all to be friends & am taking things very slowly & giving them time to get to know each other on their own terms, but I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions as I come across situations etc :)
Looking forward to being a valued member (hopefully) & getting to know you all better.

Here's a couple of pics of Phillip in his run.. & some links to some pics of him with my kittens.

phillip01.jpg
phillip02.jpg
phillip03.jpg

http://pixelho.net/pets/phillip04.jpg
http://pixelho.net/pets/phillip05.jpg
http://pixelho.net/pets/phillip06.jpg

Thanks ladies, I adore him & I have to keep reminding myself to be patient & not fuss him all the time so he can learn to trust me :love:

I forgot to mention though that he's currently unneutered.. he was too sick to be done by the rescue centre, but I spoke to the centre's vet yesterday & he can be done soon so that's probably going to be planned for the new year.
It's why he's a house rabbit & on his own though, rather than being paired with a female like most rescue bunnies.

Also, really strangely.. he won't sleep in his bed, he either flakes out on the cage floor or on top of his bed (on a blanket). He hasn't once tried to go in his bed.

hehe thanks

I've had my kittens about 2 months & they're 7 months old, littermate brothers (from rescue too).
They're really soft & gentle and adore each other, but they're very cheeky and playful too.

I always have a water bottle about but rarely have to use it & I've never had to use it on Corky before so he really did get a shock :lol:

My new bunny Pooka refuses to sleep in his bed too :roll::lol:

Hello and Welcome to the forum :D:wave: *Hugs* to the gorgeous Phillip

Back