• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two New Rescue Rabbits

LauraNI

New Kit
Hello everyone

I first joined this site a few weeks ago looking for advice because I was hoping to get a rabbit. I got some lovely replies from you - and a really helpful email from Tamsin.

The result? Jasper and Chewie! I went to a local animal sanctuary and found two poor bunnies. Chewie had been horribly neglected before he was rescued by the sanctuary and had to get his teeth removed as they were so badly abscessed. Jasper has only one eye. Two little bunnies that nobody wanted: well I did! I have had them two weeks now and my whole life (and home) is changed beyond recognition!

They have a luxury hutch (made out of a double wardrobe by my Dad!) and the run of a very large enclosed yard - but when the back door is open, they prefer to charge round the rabbit adventure course (my living room!). It took three days (yes, only three days) to train them with a litter tray and they are using it perfectly.

It takes about an hour evey morning to chop their veg, brush the yard, change their tray, kiss them (that takes the longest), have my nose licked, put their medication into their water, play a bit etc etc. I have missed my bus every morning for a fortnight! And I just can't wait to get home in the evenings. Why do people not know how wonderfully funny, affectionate and entirely diverting rabbits are? When they take big charges and kick their legs and then sit up on their back paws sniffing the air, I am completely mesmerised. I lose huge chunks of time just watching them!

I have no idea how to post photos to this or you could see my lovely rabbits! If anyone would like to see photos, please email me and I'll send you the cutest pictures of them in their furry igloo!

Thanks again everybody for your encouragement!
Laura :)

Awwww Jasper & Chewie sound like they've landed well on all four paws with you :D

Welcome to the wonderful world of bunnies :love:

You need to upload your pics to photobucket & then past the img code onto your thread - if you search photobucket on here, you'll find some better instructions than I'm able to give :oops:

Can't wait to see pics :D

:wave: Hi Laura!

I am so glad you are having such a wonderful time with Jasper and Chewie! They really are two very lucky bunnies to have found such a wonderful mummy!

They both have been through so much and were such a joy to look after at the sanctuary, I am so pleased they have a new, wonderful and luxurious life!

And yep, bunnies are the best excuse ever to be late for work! :lol:

Get yourself signed up for a photobucket account, www.photobucket.com and up load the pics then just post the link. If you are stuck email me the pics and I will post them here for you.

Cerys :)

Here are the pics of Jasper and Chewie for LauraNI
Jasper and Chewie in their igloo :love:
P1020653.jpg

Jasper and Chewie in their litter tray :love:
P1020639.jpg

Playing in their yard
P1020649.jpg

Jasper having a wash :love:
P1020650.jpg

Spot the bunnies! Chewie seems to love the igloo!!
P1020647.jpg

There you go Laura!
Cerys :)

what lovely little bunnies! I'm sure you will spend many a happy hour watching their bunny antics!

By the way, love the salad bowls, excellent presentation there!:D

Jasper and Chewie

Hi everybody

thank for all the lovely messages. Cerys - thanks very much for posting up the photos for me, I'm a bit of a disaster with technical things.

As I'm typing this, there are two rabbits under the table! The legs of the six chairs under the table make a perfect bunny 'adventure tunnel', and - yes, there is something licking my ankle!

Hope everybody has a really Happy Christmas and lots of bunny presents!

Laura xox

:shock::shock::shock:...How could no one want them?!!! They're adorable! In the last picture it looks like Chewie wants to look like Jasper! :lol::lol:

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

They are both gorgeous and obviously very spoilt you are a very lucky bunny mummy and they are very lucky buns

aw look at them they look so happy. wee jasper is just gorgeous. welcome to RU laura good to have another NI person on. looks like they have well settled into their new home.

Back