• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stray rabbit

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
um just had the most wierdest experience of my life :?

came out my house to go to teh shop and when i opened the door something flew out of some weeds in my garden and ran out the gate and into next doors it stopped i saw it was an uppy eared rabbit possibly Agouti or Black and then it started running again when i opened my neighbours garden and ran round the back and now ive lost it :? what should i do?

i found a stray about 6 months ago but it turned out to have just escaped from the garden it belonged to and was reunited with its owner within an hour im pretty sure its not the same rabbit :?

um just had the most wierdest experience of my life :?

came out my house to go to teh shop and when i opened the door something flew out of some weeds in my garden and ran out the gate and into next doors it stopped i saw it was an uppy eared rabbit possibly Agouti or Black and then it started running again when i opened my neighbours garden and ran round the back and now ive lost it :? what should i do?

i found a stray about 6 months ago but it turned out to have just escaped from the garden it belonged to and was reunited with its owner within an hour im pretty sure its not the same rabbit :?

I'd search for it! Whether it's a stray or an escapee it certainly needs to be captured asap in this weather. :wave:

I dont get on with my neighbour which garden it ran into ive just gone outside and looking at the foot prints in the snow it looks like it could be in my other next door neighbours garden.

Im going to give them a knock now but i start work in a bit argh but then i have no where to put the rabbit either even if i did catch it :( aww wishing id never opened the door now im going to worry all night :(

why not put out a big cardboard box somewhere sheltered near to where it was (or anything else which could provide shelter) and some hay in it and food - and then if it comes back it will have somewhere to snuggle. I know I would worry all night too.

I dont get on with my neighbour which garden it ran into ive just gone outside and looking at the foot prints in the snow it looks like it could be in my other next door neighbours garden.

Im going to give them a knock now but i start work in a bit argh but then i have no where to put the rabbit either even if i did catch it :( aww wishing id never opened the door now im going to worry all night :(

:( Awww sorry it's a horrible feeling but, for me I would be late for work - I think you have to knock the neighbours door and tell them and as another person suggested knock the other door to see if it's the one that escaped before. I would also do the cardboard box with hay and food in the bushes where it ran out from. If its a pet one it may respond to you calling 'bunny' and rustling a treat bag? Just thinking as a lot of names do end in 'e' sound? Best of luck - if you really can't hang about just do the food and box thing and knock the neighbours etc

Just thought if it eats some food it may hang about and realise you are OK so if you check when you get home it may come to you?

i think ive totally lost the rabbit now :( ive opened my back garden gate and have put a carrier in each garden with some vet bed, food and hay ive told a couple neighbours to keep a look out and if they see it to try and chase it into my back garden and shut the gate as my garden is escape proof.

If theres no sign tonight then im guessing ive lost it for good :( I dont think i can do anything more unfortunatly :(

Im now going to run to work and probably slip and fall on the way on ice :shock:

have totally lost it :( hoping it found its way home safely or someone else rescued it. It was that dark it may have even ben a wild rabbit as i know one found its way on my street last year so its possible :(

Back