• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just done my first volunteer session at Kirkby Rescue

Tracy

Warren Veteran
I went to Kirky rescue for the first time this morning to help out. It was freezing cold (I still feel like I am thawing out!!), but I really enjoyed it. :D

I can now appreciate the sheer scale of the rescue at Kirkby :shock: and how incredibly hard Celia works for the bunnies and other small furries in her care. She is an amazing lady. :)

Thanks for going over Tracy, I wish I could go more often but I just can't while its so cold. I am going to try and go for a few half an hour sessions over the Xmas hols but thats about as long as my hands and feet will take the cold for.

Celia works incredibly hard for the animals there, she is always outside no matter what the weather and is always working.

Hi Tracey :wave: thanks so much for going along to help Celia - she will have been thrilled & really appreciate it :D

I'm going down on Sunday to collect a bunny to bring back to Sheffield for a lady that is adopting her - the lucky little girl will be living with a handsome neutered buck called Riley in a 30ft aviary :D

I can't tell you what a difference volunteers make to Celia & any other rescue for that matter :D Hope to see you there in the New Year if you're able to go again.

So glad you enjoyed it. It's hard work as there's always so much to do. I'm hoping to go up before Christmas.

I'm going down on Sunday to collect a bunny to bring back to Sheffield for a lady that is adopting her - the lucky little girl will be living with a handsome neutered buck called Riley in a 30ft aviary :D

Out of interest, if you adopt a bunny from Kirkby, do you have to bond the bunny with your existing bunny yourself?

Well done for volunteering :wave: Hope you warm up soon xxx

I can't tell you what a difference volunteers make to Celia & any other rescue for that matter :D Hope to see you there in the New Year if you're able to go again.

I don't work on a Friday so I'm going to try and go over there every Friday morning, so hopefully we'll bump into each other at some point. :D

I'm trying not to fall in love with any of the bunnies, but it's going to be so hard...I already have a soft spot for the little bun with one ear. :love: I have strict instructions from my OH that I'm not to come home with any furry passengers. :roll:

Out of interest, if you adopt a bunny from Kirkby, do you have to bond the bunny with your existing bunny yourself?

Well done for volunteering :wave: Hope you warm up soon xxx

Yes - unfortunatley Celia doesn't have the time or space unfortunately to bond bunnies for people that adopt from her, due to the number of animals in her care.

I don't work on a Friday so I'm going to try and go over there every Friday morning, so hopefully we'll bump into each other at some point. :D

I'm trying not to fall in love with any of the bunnies, but it's going to be so hard...I already have a soft spot for the little bun with one ear. :love: I have strict instructions from my OH that I'm not to come home with any furry passengers. :roll:

Ooohhh would that be a little black male bun with a white tip on his missing ear? ;):love: He's soooooo adorable if it is him :love:

Resistance is futile though you know! :lol: We've adopted 4 bunnies & cat since we started volunteering :love:

That's brilliant that you're going to try try to go every Friday morning - it will be a huge help to Celia. We tend to go on a Satuday or a Sunday when we've been able to, as unfortunately we work every day. Might see you on a Friday though if I get a day off :wave:

Hi Tracy, glad you enjoyed yourself:D You have more self control than most of the volunteers, we have fallen at the first hurdle and adopted a bun, in fact some of us have fallen at several hurdles:oops::lol:
Hope to see you there one day, unfortunately I can't visit at the moment, but I'm hoping to visit regularly next year, theres still lots of work for us to do:D

Hi Tracey :wave: thanks so much for going along to help Celia - she will have been thrilled & really appreciate it :D

Does Celia let you do bunny runs then?:? I got the impression you had to collect the rabbit yourself which is why id given up getting a Kirkby bun:(

Does Celia let you do bunny runs then?:? I got the impression you had to collect the rabbit yourself which is why id given up getting a Kirkby bun:(

Celia does prefer you to meet you in person & collect the buns from her if you can.

With the little girl I'm collecting on Sunday - she has already met Celia & emailed me pics etc of her set up to confirm to Celia what it's like. We've had to wait for the girlie bun's new owner to be ready to adopt her & as she's from the South Yorkshire area - I agreed to go down to collect her & meet her new mum in Sheffield on Sunday, as she's unable to go back down to Kirkby before Christmas.

Celia does prefer you to meet you in person & collect the buns from her if you can.

With the little girl I'm collecting on Sunday - she has already met Celia & emailed me pics etc of her set up to confirm to Celia what it's like. We've had to wait for the girlie bun's new owner to be ready to adopt her & as she's from the South Yorkshire area - I agreed to go down to collect her & meet her new mum in Sheffield on Sunday, as she's unable to go back down to Kirkby before Christmas.

Oh ok

Well done for volunteering there Tracy.:D I'm sure that Celia appreciates it. Looking forward to pictures of the bunny you will adopt.;):p (I'm one of the failed volunteers too.:))
Bluebunny, if you want to adopt from Kirkby, we can give you a lift there and back.:)

Back