• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What has been your favorite bunny thread this year

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I think for me, the way that everyone pulled together to help out Kirkby rescue has got to be the best thing that has ever happened on here :love:

People are often so quick to judge, when it would so much more constructive to actually try to change things.

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped out there, especially Sue who has pushed so hard to get help for Celia. It just shows what can be achieved when everyone starts working together. (plus there are all those bunnies that seem to have found there way into people's pockets as they left and now have lovely homes for Christmas :lol:)

Ahhh thats lovely Liz. Kirkby has come a million miles over the last 6 months with volunteers there most weekends. I wish the weather would start getting warmer so I can start going again!

It would not have been possible without the support of everyone on here. So many people have offered words of encouragement, have donated money and lots have been over to help out or adopt animals. Over 100 rabbits have been rehomed by Kirkby in the past year.

Lets hope 2010 is an ever better year for all rescues!

May be I am the only one sad enough to spend so much time on here that I have lots of favorite threads :oops::lol:

So i shall pick a couple more -

Denise's Wilson's battle with head tilt was another amazing story of a dedicated bunny mummy and a very brave bunny, which will fill others with head tilt bunnies with hope :love:

And if I can pick one of my own, it has to be Eddie's "malteaser growth" incident :oops::lol:

not favourites but ones i come on to read each day are bisc&matts threads about thier long illnesses, i may not post often because i have no advice to offer but i read the updates daily, almost feels like im living it with them.

and Lionels long road to diagnosis, altho not good news im so relieved they finally know what they are fighting

i cant think of a favourite happy thread right now tho :oops:

I am fairly new to this forum and find it fast paced :lol: but I love the super Timmy threads too, bless him :( and I have read stuff about trifle which baffles me, I would love to know how that originally came about :roll::lol:

Aww thank you Liz - that's so lovely for you to think of Wilson :) I'm so proud of our little man & that we were able to give him the chance he deserved :)

I have to say I think Sue did an amazing job with Kirkby & the help that has come from the forum has been immense - thank you to each & every forum member who has helped in any way possible :D

For me it was Timmy's first thread Liz that you posted of him - it broke my heart to see him at first, as no doubt it did everyone elses :cry::cry::cry: But the strength & determination that Timmy showed through the care & love you & Steve gave him was truly inspirational :D:love: To see how he loved his life with you & how he changed - was so wonderful to see.

I don't really have a particular thread that stands out but what I always amazes me is when there's a bun in need or a desparate rescue situation it's the number of people that come together to help. It's the caring and compassion that people show to help others and animals in need. Many people will go out of their way to help and it's so heartwarming know that there are people like this who do care.

Many threads have bought a tear to my eye this year and although I don't always post on every thread due to lack of time I do read as many as possible and try to post.

The Timmy story was a happy one yet sad at the same time.

The Kirkby rescue has improved so much this year thanks to the caring people on this forum. And through helping out at Kirkby I've had the pleasure of meeting some very nice people who I would now consider as friends. :)

Last edited:
Aww thank you Liz - that's so lovely for you to think of Wilson :) I'm so proud of our little man & that we were able to give him the chance he deserved :)

I have to say I think Sue did an amazing job with Kirkby & the help that has come from the forum has been immense - thank you to each & every forum member who has helped in any way possible :D

For me it was Timmy's first thread Liz that you posted of him - it broke my heart to see him at first, as no doubt it did everyone elses :cry::cry::cry: But the strength & determination that Timmy showed through the care & love you & Steve gave him was truly inspirational :D:love: To see how he loved his life with you & how he changed - was so wonderful to see.

Do you have a link to Timmy's first thread?

Thank you Liz:D but all I did was highlight the need for help, the volunteers have got to take the credit for the work, including Suzannes parents that have done so many vet trips and repair work:D Like others have said the forum members have responded so positively to the original plea, and their generosity has been overwhelming - without their support and donations we wouldn't have been able to do the work or get so many rabbits neutered.
As Suzanne said it's been such a pleasure to meet so many caring people, and see friendships developing:D

One of my favourite threads was the gangster buns:D

Back