• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just Testing the Water re a Fund Raising Idea

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
:wave:

I'd like to organise a Fund Raiser to help Kayj at Bunny Hops Rescue. After the awful time she has had I think she deserves some extra support to get her Rescue back on track.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=208411

Would folk be interested in an Art competition ?

Basically I'd set a theme and anyone wanting to enter would donate a set amount all of which would go to Bunny Hops Rescue.
The entry can be a pencil sketch, water colours, oil anything you like. All entries to be PM'd to me, so you'd need to take a pic of it.
I'll set a specific closing date and then post all the entries (anonymous) onto the Forum to enable everyone to vote. Votes to be stated on the thread so as no-one can vote for their own work cos I'll know !!

I will provide the prize for the Winner

I just want to know if there would be sufficient interest in this in the New Year to give Kayj something positive to focus on as she tries to sort out the Rescue.

Opinions please, either on here or via PM :)

Last edited:
id enter too, kayj lives not all that far from me :wave: and maybe looking after my buns next sept when i go away

i hope the new year brings better luck for them

I wont enter as my art is very poor :lol: I would send a donation though when you start the fundraiser :wave: xXx

I would enter. My art skills are nil but it sounds like fun and is for a good cause! As long as everyone promises not to laugh when the artists are revealed!

I would love to have a go, but my art skills are appalling!! :roll::lol: Will definitely donate though, with or without my art work ;)

No-one needs be 'good at art'

It could just be........what's that style that's just splodges of colour :?

Anything really

I want to enter :D especially if its helping Kays buns!
There are some brillant artists on here who would beat me though :lol:

:lol::lol: I would enter but, mine will be more a comedy effort really - just in case anyone thinks I am delusional about my artistic ability - I am rubbish, do you mean a sketch on the PC using draw or upload one, I don't have a scanner but, I would do it on the PC:lol::lol:

:lol::lol: I would enter but, mine will be more a comedy effort really - just in case anyone thinks I am delusional about my artistic ability - I am rubbish, do you mean a sketch on the PC using draw or upload one, I don't have a scanner but, I would do it on the PC:lol::lol:

I was thinking more putting the drawing/sketch/abstract or what-ever onto ordinary paper, taking a pic of it then posting the pic.

I am probably not explaining it very well am I !! :oops:

I couldn't possibly enter as I am pants at art but a very good idea!! Poetry is more my thing...perhaps if the art one is a sucess, other ones could then be done with a poetry section, a short story section, a photo etc, they are all arty ...just a thought :oops: :wave:

I would still donate though :D

I couldn't possibly enter as I am pants at art but a very good idea!! Poetry is more my thing...perhaps if the art one is a sucess, other ones could then be done with a poetry section, a short story section, a photo etc, they are all arty ...just a thought :oops: :wave:

I would still donate though :D

I could do a Poll as to what would attract more interest- a drawing comp, a poetry comp etc....etc.... ?????

******* up ears* art competition?

if i can squeese it a day or so amoungst a few other bits i've got to do i'd be intrested...that is if i'm allowed?

I could do a Poll as to what would attract more interest- a drawing comp, a poetry comp etc....etc.... ?????

Perhaps do one competition every quarter say, from each type? that way, more people can enter for their particular preference plus rescues get more too :lol:
Liking the idea xx

Back