• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treacle Tart 18-12-09

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
I'm not on here very often any more, but I know there are still some old familiar names, so I felt it only right that I post a little something.

Very early this morning, my gorgeous little girl passed to the bridge. I don't know why, I can only assume someone needed her more than we did, although I don't see how that could be possible.

I adopted Treacle - then called Tinkerbell - in 2005 from the RSPCA in Walsall, so I nicknamed her my "Brummy-Bunny". She had the fluffiest face, and the most gorgeous big brown eyes, it was impossible not to fall for her. I was over the moon when I was able to so easily bond her with Travis. From then on, they were inseparable.

Treacle was perfect for him, and for us. Travis has to have regular dentals, and every time, they'd go to the vets together, and she'd look over him. After his anaesthetics, she'd groom him until he came around. She was so good to him, she was his guardian angel, and I pray she will still look out for him from the bridge.

We'd always joke about how lazy and unenthusiastic you could be, whilst Travis was running amok, but in truth, you were just a perfect bunny. Occasional mischief to keep us on our toes, but for the main part, just happy to be taken in by people that love and care for you, and happy to have a husbun to love and care for in return.

My sweet sweet little princess, I can't understand how you could be taken from us so suddenly, it's left a hole in all our lives and hearts. Even the nurses at the vets were in tears this morning when we took you both in. They would see you both together so often, and see how you'd nurse Travis better, that they all had just as much love for you as we do.

All your presents are under our tree, I wish you'd stop by to take a look, you'd have loved them, I don't think Travis would have got a look in. I'm making a special decoration for you for the tree, so you'll be with us every Christmas in your own special way.

We will miss you with all our hearts, words cannot express how much.

Night Night Treacle Tart. It's not "Good Bye", only "See You Soon".

Love Always,

Mum, Dad and Travis.
x x x x x x x x x x x x

I am sorry that you lost Treacle Tart; there is never a good time to lose a beloved pet, but close to Christmas with their presents sat there waiting seems particularly sad. Hope you find some peace.

Thank you all for your kind words.x

bun1m.jpg
smalltre.jpg

tt6.jpg
smalltnt.jpg

Back