• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns eating the snow??

lildebs

Mama Doe
Are they ok to do this? will the coldness upset their tums?? It's Bella's first year of snow and she's like :shock: and loving it! :lol::lol:

DSCF6065.jpg

Fluffy seems to like eating snow too! Can't see any ill effects.
:)

It was the first thing Mint did in the snow today, and he has been hale and hearty all day. Yesterday morning he came out and ate frosty grass for ages too ! I guess it is only like us eating a little bit of sorbet. :D

Last year Doona was eating snow off the snowmans head as I was trying to roll it...:roll: She loved the snow.

Both of mine were munching snow this morning. That and bouncing around in it for all the world as if they were on a beach in the Bahamas, not in 3 inches of snow! :shock:

is it bad we let two of our house buns outside for a few minutes to see the snow? i made sure bertie wasnt out for long and he kinda ploughed the snow being a frenchie..he was camoflaged in the snow being a rew:lol:
i cuddled him and carried him inodrrs where he sat with salem our cat watching zuzu kitty go as slow as poss tripping over her own footprints in the snow. And then we took merlin outside thinking itd be a shorter time than bertie as hes only a wee lionhead.

ahem...we had to chase him to get him in! he was bouncing through the snow...binkying...burying his face in it like a dog and shaking the snow off befoe running and doing it again. then we watched horrified as he dived head first into the snow..came up and proceeded to eat three mouthfuls of snow and three frozen blades of grass:shock:

he was playing in the snow that same way i can recall my dog when i was a tween!!! i wouldnt have belived it if i hadnt seen it for myself.

nikki filmed and took pics....shes real ill from being outside for about 15 mins....but as soon as shes up to it shell put them up probably on facebook and ill grab them and put em on photobucket and post em there.

we think we might send the video footage into youve been framed as its so unbeliveable:lol::lol: it was the snow sticking to his mane on his head..and on the one on his butt!!:lol:

i got cross as i was worried the buns would get sick but then they werent out long and there was a lovley warm hosue and radiators to warm themsleves up against.

id not do it again...but i guess well never get snow again like that..it wasnt sooo deep about 3 inches where the wind had blown it.

is it normal for buns to eat dig and bury hteir faces in snow? or is it merlins lost the plot:lol:

is it bad we let two of our house buns outside for a few minutes to see the snow? i made sure bertie wasnt out for long and he kinda ploughed the snow being a frenchie..he was camoflaged in the snow being a rew:lol:
i cuddled him and carried him inodrrs where he sat with salem our cat watching zuzu kitty go as slow as poss tripping over her own footprints in the snow. And then we took merlin outside thinking itd be a shorter time than bertie as hes only a wee lionhead.

ahem...we had to chase him to get him in! he was bouncing through the snow...binkying...burying his face in it like a dog and shaking the snow off befoe running and doing it again. then we watched horrified as he dived head first into the snow..came up and proceeded to eat three mouthfuls of snow and three frozen blades of grass:shock:

he was playing in the snow that same way i can recall my dog when i was a tween!!! i wouldnt have belived it if i hadnt seen it for myself.

nikki filmed and took pics....shes real ill from being outside for about 15 mins....but as soon as shes up to it shell put them up probably on facebook and ill grab them and put em on photobucket and post em there.

we think we might send the video footage into youve been framed as its so unbeliveable:lol::lol: it was the snow sticking to his mane on his head..and on the one on his butt!!:lol:

i got cross as i was worried the buns would get sick but then they werent out long and there was a lovley warm hosue and radiators to warm themsleves up against.

id not do it again...but i guess well never get snow again like that..it wasnt sooo deep about 3 inches where the wind had blown it.

is it normal for buns to eat dig and bury hteir faces in snow? or is it merlins lost the plot:lol:

I don't think a few minutes for them to experience it would be harmful but mine are outdoor buns and I've heard people advising not to let housebuns out? but glad they enjoyed it :D
Bella and Ocar loved their faces in it and eating it :roll:

Back