• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blood and discharge from nose any ideas

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
My friend as just phoned me in a panic, one of her rabbits as got blood coming from her nose with a discharge also, I have told her to o straight to vets (which she is doing now). Any ideas she hasn't been vaccinated against VHDas she took her in of a friend and she was pregnant so she was going to get her vaccinated in January.

If there is discharge as well as blood it may be a severe URTI. Nessa had blood from her nose with hers, she also ended up with nasal abscesses from tooth root problems.

I would have thought if the bun had blood frm VHD it wouldn't still be with us :?

Fingers crossed for her x

It could be that she has a URTI and has ruptured a blood vessel in her nasal passages as a result of lots of sneezing

It could be a FB lodged up the nostril

It could be elongated tooth roots which have penetrated the nasal passages

It could be an 'impact injury'

Whilst VHD is a possibility if the Bun is apparently 'well within herself' and not febrile then IMO VHD is unlikely.

Hope she will be OK xx

It could be that she has a URTI and has ruptured a blood vessel in her nasal passages as a result of lots of sneezing

It could be a FB lodged up the nostril

It could be elongated tooth roots which have penetrated the nasal passages

It could be an 'impact injury'

Whilst VHD is a possibility if the Bun is apparently 'well within herself' and not febrile then IMO VHD is unlikely.

Hope she will be OK xx

posted at the same time :)

They have got her in an oxygen tank and pumping her with antibiotics, it looks like it is pasturella

They have got her in an oxygen tank and pumping her with antibiotics, it looks like it is pasturella

I took about 10 days of intensive nursing but we got Nessa through a similar problem. Initially the vet gave her a 0% chance of survival but Nessa had other ideas :) I hope this bunny makes a good recovery too, sending lots of vibes x

My friend as just phoned and she said she is still quite snotty but seems alot better in herself today, she is taking her in to the vets tonight to see my vet:D

Back