• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Hops on the move

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
Thought I would share the pics of the rescue moving:?

The story:roll:
The end of Feb this year we moved house because it was better for the animals as it had big gardens. We were renting it off the guy with the option to buy when we sold our house. We paid 12mths rent in advance as we knew then we had the security for the rescue.
On Tuesday October 6th our life was turned upside down a letter had come addressed to him and the occupiers (I opened it), it was an eviction notice giving us just 20 days to find alternative accomodation. I phone his mortgage company to see what was going on and they didn't even know we were living there (he didn't inform them), We couldn't get in touch with him as he had vanished. They couldn't tell me anything as I was a third party. My second phone call was to Angie (bunnymadhouse) asking if they could help with my animals if needed as we didn't know where we would end up (I will never ableto THANK her enough for being a good listener). Mum2buns (Gayle) got intouch with the mortgage company on the basis she was going to do a story in the newpaper about the situation (THANK YOU for everything as this helped alot). Then I spoke to a Bankruptcy Lawyer (Julie) who boards her rabbits with me to see if she knew anyone we could turn to for advice. She passed on the details to another Solicitor (Elaine) who I had rehomed a rabbit to 12mths previous and that was that. Elaines firm of solicitors are standing the costs for the sake of the rescue. We had to be out quick on the advice of the Police and our solicitor as he is well known and dangerous:shock:. The scumbag as really messed things up for us and the rescue as he owes us £8,500 and we will be lucky to get a £1,000 back which was the deposit.
The really thing that hurts in this situation is that the scumbag knew about the rescue and that we are self funded and he as taken money we had to one side away from the rescue:( and we may have to rethink things with the rescue in the new year.
I can't go into much more detail as it hasn't gone to court yet:?

All these pics contain the firm of solicitors acting on our behalf and their friends helping us move

David discussing plan of action
movin15.jpg

Me and the girls discussing plan of action (my solicitor in the blue coat)
movin10.jpg

Guinea pigs on the move
moving4.jpg

packing my Giants up
moving3.jpg

Utter chaos
movin12.jpg

Last edited:
omg, there is no way at all of getting the months in advance you paid, that really sucks, i thought the laws had changed on morgage owner renting out there properties

hugs to you at this stressfull time

:shock:
What a horrible story yet full of lovely people helping you.

It really shows who friends are in situations like this.

Are you settled in a new place yet?

<<<hugs>>>

Kay, what a horrendous situation. Its hard to see anything positive from this happening. I am so sorry.

I wish you had told us as Im sure we could have mobilized some additional help for you.

Hoping things are better now. I haven't seen where you have now moved.

that is just awful i hope you can get things sorted, not a lovely started to the new year for you or for christmas.

Kay, what a horrendous situation. Its hard to see anything positive from this happening. I am so sorry.

I wish you had told us as Im sure we could have mobilized some additional help for you.

Hoping things are better now. I haven't seen where you have now moved.

I just didn't know what to say:? as there are so many rescues asking for help I didn't want to add to the problem.

The very few people who knew at the time, off here have given me support and David & I really appreciate that.

All the animals are settled but I still haven't had time to sort us out yet, but the animals come first

Oh my god Kay, what a nightmare for you :(

I'm glad you've managed to get all the animals settled. I hope you manage to find somewhere permanent for you all. I remember the pics you posted when you first moved in and all the space for the bunnies. That man sounds like a total :censored:

When you told me about this Kay I wanted to get up the M1 and do something useful to help. I was and still am absolutely fuming on your behalf. How dare some :censored: do this to you and David and The Rescue :evil:

I hope the :censored: gets his just desserts.

Why does this sort of :censored: always seem to happen to decent folk who just dont desrve it :censored:

xx

Oh my god Kay, what a nightmare for you :(

I'm glad you've managed to get all the animals settled. I hope you manage to find somewhere permanent for you all. I remember the pics you posted when you first moved in and all the space for the bunnies. That man sounds like a total :censored:

This house as purpose built kennels so all my giants have those and I have sheds and we were also going to build more kennels but a couple of weeks ago someone broke into my old house and pinched all the kennel pannels, roofing sheets and ripped the shed door off and pinched all my indoor cages and dog grates. so the new kennels will have to wait for a long time now:cry:. We will hopefully be buying this sometime next year,

Gosh Kay, im so sorry :( How can people be so darn evil :cry:

Im glad your safe now, if id of known id of come over and helped in some way, im sure others from the forum wouldve too... :( Bless ya xXx

I can't believe this, it makes me so angry that someone could take advantage of caring kind people. :evil:

I hope things are starting to turn around for you both. I know its hard but make sure you look after yourselves as well as the bunnies. You are no good to them if you work and worry yourselves into the ground.

If I was closer I'd be round in a shot to offer my help.

Back