• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Hops on the move

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
Thought I would share the pics of the rescue moving:?

The story:roll:
The end of Feb this year we moved house because it was better for the animals as it had big gardens. We were renting it off the guy with the option to buy when we sold our house. We paid 12mths rent in advance as we knew then we had the security for the rescue.
On Tuesday October 6th our life was turned upside down a letter had come addressed to him and the occupiers (I opened it), it was an eviction notice giving us just 20 days to find alternative accomodation. I phone his mortgage company to see what was going on and they didn't even know we were living there (he didn't inform them), We couldn't get in touch with him as he had vanished. They couldn't tell me anything as I was a third party. My second phone call was to Angie (bunnymadhouse) asking if they could help with my animals if needed as we didn't know where we would end up (I will never ableto THANK her enough for being a good listener). Mum2buns (Gayle) got intouch with the mortgage company on the basis she was going to do a story in the newpaper about the situation (THANK YOU for everything as this helped alot). Then I spoke to a Bankruptcy Lawyer (Julie) who boards her rabbits with me to see if she knew anyone we could turn to for advice. She passed on the details to another Solicitor (Elaine) who I had rehomed a rabbit to 12mths previous and that was that. Elaines firm of solicitors are standing the costs for the sake of the rescue. We had to be out quick on the advice of the Police and our solicitor as he is well known and dangerous:shock:. The scumbag as really messed things up for us and the rescue as he owes us £8,500 and we will be lucky to get a £1,000 back which was the deposit.
The really thing that hurts in this situation is that the scumbag knew about the rescue and that we are self funded and he as taken money we had to one side away from the rescue:( and we may have to rethink things with the rescue in the new year.
I can't go into much more detail as it hasn't gone to court yet:?

David discussing plan of action
movin15.jpg

Me and the girls discussing plan of action
movin10.jpg

That's awful. Don't really know what to say but glad you have so many people helping you and hope everything goes your way when the case does get to court.

Oh, No, what a terrible thing to happen. Some people are totally heartless. I really hope that you get this sorted out quickly. I will keep watching the thread to see how you get on. I would like to help anyway I can and I am sure that most others on here will help if they can

I've done 2 posts but haven't got a clue how I have done that, woulkd be greatful if a mod can delete one or ad it to the other:oops::oops::oops: having a brunette moment I think:lol::lol::lol:

Back