• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hugo and Rose

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
When I moved I agreed with my mum that I would take Teddy and she would keep Hugo and Rose. Hugo was my first bunny. He's about 5 now. She loves these bunnies so much, as, even though they were my bunnies, she grew a bond with them.

She found out today that her pupils house bunny had died yesterday, and has asked me if she could offer Hugo and Rose to them, as she doesn't think that they are getting enough attention because she's been really busy lately. I don't know what to think. I said that I'd take them, that she could bring them over now, because I love them so much......but then I thought, maybe I should give this little girl a chance to have two truly wonderful rabbits.

Do you think I should let her have them, or refuse, and bring them here? I don't want anyone to think that I'm shirking responsibility. We had agreed that my mum would keep them with her, and that I'd take them if, at any point, she felt she couldn't have them.

I'm having a little cry now...they are so close to my heart. The thought of not seeing Hugo again is killing me...but I know that they would have an amazing life with Lydia.

For those of you who haven't seen them, here they are...

029.jpg

025.jpg

307.jpg

231.jpg

273.jpg

:love::love::love:

It's a decision only you can make. ;)

Do you have the space, time and money for them? If so, then I'm not sure I could let those 2 beauties go to somebody else, even if they would have a lovely life there too. Perhaps your mum could point them in the direction of a local rescue though. ;)

If you feel it would be a struggle, then maybe rehoming them would be a better solution - assuming of course that homechecks etc are done to ensure the home is really as good as it promises to be.

OMG!!! They are just truely beautiful, I can understand why you would find it tough to let them go.
How often do you see them now?
If you have room for them then I think that you should keep them with you. If I have learnt one thing on this site is that there are so many beautiful bunnies that need homes. If this girl has room and will take care of them, could she not visit a rescue centre and give some other buns a good home? That would make another 4 happy bunnys this Christmas.

Angela xx

I wouldn't give them to someone you don't know :?
If your mum really doesn't think she can take care of them then you should take them.
You could give this girl the contact details of a local rescue and hopefully they can give her some advice.

I'd love them. It would be a struggle, but doable!! Space would be the issue. Hugo never liked Ted, but they lived in completely different spaces when I was at my mums.

Her bunny died of old age. He was a house bun.

I feel so selfish for wanting them...she has lessons at my mums house, and spends hours holding them.

.......I can't do it!! I'm going to call my mum now and tell her that if she doesn't want them then I'll have them! I'd never forgive myself!!!!

Woop, give them all snuggles from me :D:love:.

She said..."but I'll miss them"...:roll:

We have agreed that I'll take them on in the spring, when they can go outside. Hugo really doesn't like Teddy, and as he's getting on a bit, I don't want to upset him!

She said..."but I'll miss them"...:roll:

We have agreed that I'll take them on in the spring, when they can go outside. Hugo really doesn't like Teddy, and as he's getting on a bit, I don't want to upset him!

Ahh fair enough! Just don't let them go to someone you don't know. You're an awesome bunny mummeh. :D

i am so glad you have worked out a way to keep them in the family. knowing what i know of 'pupils', i'd fear for anybun placed with one! (though there must be some lovely ones, too, but the risk...). how could bunnies used to your standards of care settle with new people... no, i think you've made a very wise decision. i'm so glad for hugo and rose. :)

Back