• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stretching rabbits

Charys

Mama Doe
My bunnster did the funniest thing today, something I've not seen before. He got up from napping and stretched up high on all 4 legs, like he was on stilts. He kind of looked like a cat when they stretch up and have their backs archned up. He then did the biggest yawn ! I've seen him stretch out forwards on his front legs and yawn, but never this before. Just thought I'd share, no real reason for posting this.

Hehe, aaaw I love it when they do that. It looks like such a satisfying stretch :lol:

It did look bizzare and really made me laugh. I wonder if nayone has pictures of their rabbits stretching...as I bet they pull really funny faces when they do it. Loosy, have you seen them do this often ?

Apache is great for this - he loves his naps and always, always has a huge stretch and a yawn afterwards. It's one of the things that makes him seem so "human" :love: I've had other rabbits who do it occasionally but not as much as him.

I've never got a pic of him doing it though, I'm not quick enough!

It did look bizzare and really made me laugh. I wonder if nayone has pictures of their rabbits stretching...as I bet they pull really funny faces when they do it. Loosy, have you seen them do this often ?

Mine do it quite often, yup. Usually when waking up from a nap. I've never managed to get a picture though :(
There are a couple on this thread though!

Daisy does a little 'dance' :lol: She stretches her front legs out, then lifts the right one up, then the left one, and then the right again and does a big yawn :lol: Wish I could film it, it's so funny and cute.

Jester stretches out his front legs and yawns, and then stretches out his back legs before pullling himself up again - it's a bit like bunny aerobics :lol:

Back