• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new piggy and the old girl!

Carrie14

Mama Doe
This is Pumpkin, she was brought as a friend for my old piggy Mable, but she beat the :censored: out of Mable so they now live next to each other and occasionally "drrr" at each other through the bars:roll:

My daughter claimed Pumpkin and now keeps her groomed and feed:love:

Pumpkin
IMG_0210.jpg

Mable. she is nearly five.
IMG_0154.jpg

Hope you like them:wave:

Awwwww it's a shame they don't get on. I have 3 pig laydees living with a neutered male pig. Did you introduce them in neutral territtory?

Rabswood

Well, bit of a muck up on my part.
We got Pumpkin and I was going to quarantine her before she met Mable.
She was from a pet shop. I know I should have got a rescue but I just loved her:cry:

Anyway she was not eating or drinking for a couple of hours and I felt so sorry for her on her own that I stupidly put Mable in the cage with her thinking that she could not have claimed it as her territory:roll: Some one on here or the G.pig forum helped me realise where I screwed up.

The sad part is Mable was so pleased to see another piggy that she was grooming Pumpkin and pop-corning etc.:cry: That night Pumpkin attacked Mable.

Now when I introduce them on neutral territory, Mable flips, obviously because she is scared.

Huge post sorryx

You could try again at some point. Give them both a bath and a good dry (stating the obvious) if they are indoor piggies and introduce them straight after, they may not recognise each other as both will smell the same.

I always think it's sad when creatures who naturally live in groups live alone. But I know it doesn't always work out. We can only do our best.

Rabs

You could try again at some point. Give them both a bath and a good dry (stating the obvious) if they are indoor piggies and introduce them straight after, they may not recognise each other as both will smell the same.

I always think it's sad when creatures who naturally live in groups live alone. But I know it doesn't always work out. We can only do our best.

Rabs

Thanks for the advice:wave: I think I will try that as Mable knows Pumpkin now. I agree it is so sad that neither of them have a friend:(

What is really sad is Mable has been bonded with three other pigs through her life, and has always been really easy going. She was soo happy to meet Pumpkin too........:cry:

Back