• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you...

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
Not about rabbits but would you try this:

We have 2 groups of Guinea Pigs, each with a neutered male in. They live outside in converted insulated wendy houses with attached runs that they have access to throughout the day.

We have a HUUUUUGE garage that is not used for our car and have been thinking about housing them in there. I am keen to do this as I worry about them in this cold weather, even though we do everything possible to keep them warm.

We have been considering trying to bond the 2 groups together so that they can all live in the garage.

Would you try this? I am not too concerned about the girls but I would think that the boys could be a potential problem. They were both neutered ages ago, are very docile and get in great with the girls.

If they had lots of room, with places to hide etc etc do you think it could work?

They could live as 2 groups in the garage but I would put them at opposite ends so it does mean less room than if they all lived together.

Sorry for waffling but I would really like your advice.

Thank you :D

How male females do you have? :) I dont have much piggy knowledge, but i did learn once from a piggy fosterer you can only have 1 neutered male between 2/3 females :) So i guess if you have 4/6 females it would work :) Guess it also depends how docile your males are :)

How male females do you have? :) I dont have much piggy knowledge, but i did learn once from a piggy fosterer you can only have 1 neutered male between 2/3 females :) So i guess if you have 4/6 females it would work :) Guess it also depends how docile your males are :)

We have 2 groups of 10 (so 1 neutered male and 9 females in each)

Back