• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Jimby update

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Ok so getting back on to the internet could not have come at a better time!
Everything went fine with the move and Jimby settled in very well.
This monday just gone I took him to the vets for a check up and to have his molor spurs checked, teeth are still not bad enough to clip so going back in 5 weeks to get them done. He had his myxo jab done as it is due at the end of the year and I did not want to wait until we next go in and did not want to take him to the vets too many times.
All was well up until yesterday when I arrived home at around 4pm he seemed very tired and just lay montionless in his hay box, I let him out for a run around he ran under the clothes horse and huddled up, he was not interested in food and seemed very uncomfortable. I was STRAIGHT on the phone to the vets and they said to take him straight down, the vet thinks it is his immune system reacting to the jab, so he had a gut stimulant and a pain killer.
When we got back home he started eating some herbs and a few treats, so I stayed up with him until 2am feeding him up and reading to him.
This morning he seemed a lot happier in himself and kept flopping, he passed some poops in the night but they were rather small (to be expected) I called the vets and they said not to bring him in unless he goes down hill but it is a good sign that he is eating and producing poops so just keep seeing how he goes.

Thank you Jane, touch wood he is improving more so, he seems so much happier and has even done a few binkies! :love:

I love that you were reading to Jimby, thats so sweet. I'm sure that helped him turn the corner. :love:
I sometimes read when I am out in my bunny shed just chilling with my two but I haven't read to them. Not sure what their taste in books would be! Then again Parsley would probably like anything that had food in it :lol:

Aww thankyou. hope it helped, was not a book about bunnies though, it was 'The Little book about happiness'

I have actually ordered a childrens book about bunnies 'Tickle Tum', so I can read something that he may enjoy.

Oh bless little Jimbo!! & how lovely reading to him while he was ill.
Everything crossed for a speedy recovery.

Back