• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beau and Honey just went for each other, Beau bit me :(

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Beau and Honey woke us up at 6am having a bit of a spat, a few bits of fur about. Then just now they were following each other, each trying to hump the other one, then each sticking their head under the other one's head like they were asking for grooming. Neither one would give in, so in the end they went for each other, fur everywhere, I pulled them apart, shooed Beau to the other side of the room, then he came back and bit me! Right between the fingers, drew blood.

So now the bond seems broken, and my baby boy just bit me on purpose :( :cry:

Last edited:
No commiserations, suggestions or advice? 22 views and no comments :cry:

we've tried honey on their heads, lots of tunnels and food to distract them, a car journey, and while they are not fighting at present, I'm scared to go to bed :?

Just wanted to say really sorry about the buns but I'm afraid I'm no use to offer advice.
Who used to be top bun?
I wonder if there is a reason the other one thinks that it is their turn?

Neither seemed to be. They both tried to hump but both would groom too, and if either wasn't interested they'd just run away. Now it's like they're fighting over who's gonna be king and neither will back down. Maybe Beau was being submissive cos he had stasis, and now he's better he wants to be dominant and she won't let him :?

Sorry they have started fighting :( Is there any chance you could restrict their space to see if that helps? Maybe keep them in a dog crate/indoor cage overnight as near to your bedroom as possible? If they fight then, you will hear them :) xXx

Sorry they have started fighting :( Is there any chance you could restrict their space to see if that helps? Maybe keep them in a dog crate/indoor cage overnight as near to your bedroom as possible? If they fight then, you will hear them :) xXx

They are in their pen at the mo (they are indoor bunnies, usually stay in the pen when we are at work, free range all evening, then back in the pen while we sleep). Our flat is quite small so we hear them if they fight in the night. We could pu them in a Nero indoor cage, which would be a much smaller space, but tricky if we need to get in to split them up.

only just seen this libby - really sorry:( i have no advice to offer as believe me, i tried everything with my 2. xxx

They are in their pen at the mo (they are indoor bunnies, usually stay in the pen when we are at work, free range all evening, then back in the pen while we sleep). Our flat is quite small so we hear them if they fight in the night. We could pu them in a Nero indoor cage, which would be a much smaller space, but tricky if we need to get in to split them up.

Sounds like your doing everything right hun :) Fingers crossed they behave for you tonight, these bunnies like to keep us busy!! xXx

I've just seen this. I'm so sorry.:( I would send you Mr Bunny but then I'll have nobody to sort my monsters out. The only thing I can suggest is that you place them in adjacent pens for a few days, so they can see each other but not reach each other. They can take it in turns to free range in the house.

they have to sort out there peeking order,

beau wouldnt of ment to of bitten you i made that mistake once, use a broom, dustbrush etc just to push

youve got grooming still going on so its not a bad thing, i wouldnt give up hope yet

they sense your fear so try not to show it, and shut them in for a few days

They are in the pen ignoring each other at the moment, do you still think we need to split them up? Their last fight was about 7:30, and they haven't fought since we got back from the car journey. Overnight isn't so much of an issue, as we will hear them if they start fighting, but I'm worried about tomorrow when we're both at work :?

Not sure how long they've been together but it could set things back a lot if you split them. If you will wake if they start anything then keeping an ear out should be fine, imho.
:)

I'm no expert but personally I wouldn't split them unless they are really hurting each other. Remember YOU are in charge. They will have to learn to get along- splitting them will only slow the process.

I wouldn't split them unless they were really going for each other, some of my buns have little tiffs every now and then, the only time i have ever split a pair is when Izzy really went for Oscar and that was a full on constant attack, every time i pulled her away she went right back to attack him and he didn't stand up for himself so they had to be split, but also had to be rebonded :roll:

This happened between my buns when I was first trying to bond them, resulting in Ralph biting me on my finger and holding on... It was a horrible evening, BUT there is hope - they're now very loved up and Ralph still loves me... he just felt frightened about what happened. Me getting scared of them fighting each other, made him even more frightened...

when i bought Alvin and Pearl home i didnt let them out of the cage for a week and i left them well alone during that time too.... we didnt have full on fights but even tonight ive heard the chasing and found the fur.. his :lol::lol::lol:

id leave them locked up with minimal human contact for a while longer, dont sound like the locked rolling situation i beleive Alvin and jubilee had so they may fall deep into love yet :)

if one of you can stay home tomorrow just incase that would be great OR see about sending them back to the rescue for another few days.

hope they stay inlove i really do *fingers crossed*

How did things go overnight?

Beau wouldn't have meant to bite you - it was probably just a bit of referred aggression or you getting in the way of his intended target. :) Not that it makes it hurt any less of course. Ouchy!

Back