• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timmy's PM results

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I think our boy is going to remain a bit of a mystery forever. It didn't give us all the answers we were hoping for, it gave us some info but at the same time raised more questions :?

His liver was enlarged but there was no sign of cancer as we were all expecting. His kidneys were damaged probably from EC and his lungs were hardly working at all. One lung was completely consolidated and the other only had partial function, the vet was amazed he could move around at all and was still be able to breathe.

But the biggest problem was his bladder. It was huge and partially full of sludge and the rest full of very dilute urine. It appeared it was unable to empty properly and the vets best guess was there was some kind of nerve damage :( He did wee a bit on me this morning but that was more likely to be over flow than a proper wee.

Timmy came to us with major bladder problems and we thought we had got on top of them but it now seems like we were only able to improve the situation temporarily. Having just cleaned his cage out it was completely dry and normally it is soaked through in 24 hours.

Timmy was reluctant to eat his breakfast and appeared a little bloated. He did eat it eventually but then started to bang his back feet. It be came obvious that he couldn't get his back end at all comfortable. He was given extra fleeces and a heatpad while I waited to see if the situation improved. It didn't and he could only get comfy in my arms. So we had lots of cuddles this morning and he was happy to sleep on my lap. Once Steve got home we decided it couldn't wait as by this point he had lost the use of one back leg :(

Steve was with him at the end, I wasn't allowed to go with him as I was distraught. Timmy took a deep sigh and passed very quickly. I think he was more than ready :(

Im so sorry hes gone Liz :cry::cry: Again, you and Steve did an amazing job.

Sleep tight Timmy darling :love: xXx

It sounds like he was definately terminal way before you got him but that you managed to provide him with the best possible few months to his life.

timmy was indeed a brave boy to suffer with so many problems. You did an amazing job to keep him happy and comfortable all this time. You gave him the kindest gift by letting him go peacefully and he will thank you for that.
sending hugs to you and steve xxx

Liz i am so so sorry, now i am home the tears have flowed properly for the little man, just remember you gave him the best 5 months of his life and he loved you to pieces. Watch over mummy and daddy from the bridge, pain free forever Timmy xxxxx

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: i didnt realise you had lost him..

im so so so sorry, he was a special little man and will be well loved on RU for a very long time to come :cry::cry::cry:

:cry::cry:

It sounds amazing that Timmy had so many happy months with you both, given how ill he obviously was. Thinking of you and Steve at this difficult time. xx

Liz, I am soo sorry. Timmy was amazing and he will always be in our hearts.. he was something of an RU Icon! I send lots of hugs to both you and Steve. Binky free Timmy, no more pain now little one xxxx

Back