• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How bright is your bun with a treat ball ?

seagreen

Warren Scout
Does your bun get a treat ball out of a corner ?

I've had 3 house rabbits, Robin a cocky little polish X, Flynn a sweet gentle lionhead & my current bun Toby, a nosy asbo lionhead.

Out of the three of them only Robin would get the treat ball ( ball with holes in so the food comes out when the bun nugges it around ) out of a corner by scrabbling at it with his front paws.

so bright beth would bypass the treat ball and find the real food storage and open that instead, shes my brightest button :lol:

Two of mine won't waste their time on a treat ball. :roll: It's not that they're not clever... well, Amber isn't the brightest button, but Barney is my little genius... They just get bored of it really quick and lose interest. My food motivated pair of girls use brute force with their treat balls and smash them about rather than roll. It's scary to watch the violence they'll use just to get three or four pellets...!

Ours can get balls out of corners, but we had to take away their treatball after they decided to go for the direct approach & knawed a large hole in the side to get the pellets out quicker!:roll:

Dillion was amazing with his treat ball, he always new when there was treats and never stopped till it was empty lol

After reading about everyone elses buns I have decided that my lionheads were/are either a bit thick or lazy or too well mannered with their treat ball.

Two of mine won't waste their time on a treat ball. :roll: It's not that they're not clever... well, Amber isn't the brightest button, but Barney is my little genius... They just get bored of it really quick and lose interest. My food motivated pair of girls use brute force with their treat balls and smash them about rather than roll. It's scary to watch the violence they'll use just to get three or four pellets...!

This made me laugh! :lol::lol:

Back