• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Check up time for Lola. U/D Post 51 She's fine :-D

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
Got an appointment for 2.10pm today, for a checkup on her teeth really. She's fine in herself weeing and pooing and eating. I'm slightly concerned because even though she eats, she's eating slowly and doesn't touch her food straight away,like all my other bunsters. She also got to a point where well ok this sounds silly but she seems to have a habit of starting to eat when she sees me and the O/H eating, so it's like a family meal!:lol:

Hmm I hope everything is ok.:(

Last edited:
Good luck, hope she gets the all clear.

I'm wondering/hoping that maybe she is just expecting pain when she eats, and not in actual pain? Sort of learnt behaviour.:?

Also eating when you eat sounds like she has a really good bond with you:D

You will be in the vets as I am writing this:shock:

Boo :(, she has a small spur on her lower left molar and a quite elongated spur on a higher right molar. So she's having another dental tomorrow :( under GA.:cry: It's been 3 days short of a month since the last.

At least this time she hasn't gone into stasis on the vet visit before the op, she's hopping around, beating me up and demanding head rubs.:)

One good thing to take away from today is that she's put on 60g, which is better than nothing. :)

Lots of vibes needed for tomorrow please. :cry:

Oh no:( I'm sorry.

At least her weight has improved and she is bright within herself:)

Lots of vibes for her tomorrow.

I think the GA will be fine as she is so bright and well this time.

Oh no:( I'm sorry.

At least her weight has improved and she is bright within herself:)

Lots of vibes for her tomorrow.

I think the GA will be fine as she is so bright and well this time.

Thank you, I really hope so. I guess this is going to fairly continuous now :(. Her hay intake has increased since the first, which is good, because I fear if it hadn't they'd be a lot worse and even sooner.

I'll get some more Maxolon syrup and Zantac tomorrow after the op as well, because my supplies are running low! and you never know. She'll probably be given a sedative like last time to help prevent stasis and I'll have a drunk bunny once again tomorrow night.

I love her so much.:cry::love:

Just topped up her food ball and she's having some noms.:)

I keep worrying she's not eating enough!:(

Thankfully I'm only in uni for 2 hours tomorrow, so Lola can have my full attention. :D

awww hun that came quick :( i will be sending millions of vibes for her tomorrow and i hope her recovery will be loads quicker than last time xxx

Poor Lola. :( At least it's been picked up quite early. Best wishes for tomorrow. xx

but atleast they will sort it before it gets really painful again hun so she should bounce back the same day :D

Everything crossed for a successful dental, smooth recovery & straight back to eating & pooping.
I think you'll find it much more straightforward. You've got it in time before there is any mouth/tongue injury.
My bun always has a couple of days analgesia (metacam) after a dental, even without mouth injury.

Back