• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re-Hi

Ratscallions

New Kit
Hiya,

It seems that I signed up to this forum a loooong time ago, but lost the url til today (computer went splat) when someone re-suggested it to me.

I imagine that the first time I signed up my two bunnies were still with me. Widget and Wispa. Sadly they both passed away earlier this year. Widget had a complication with an abscess behind his eye, and Wispa simply went a little while after him without showing any signs or symptoms of a problem. We presume that she pined for Widget, despite bullying him mercilessly while he was alive. I took her to the vet for a PM, but they cremated her instead; by the time they realised their mistake it was a little bit difficult to undo it :shock:

So here am I. I have two guinea pigs, a cat, a husband, and a fluctuating number of rats ... because I run a rat rescue. We have twenty permanent residents who live in a free range room. Currently we have five rats for rehoming. Eight more will be coming in tomorrow, then going on to another rescue at the weekend, and then early next week I'm expecting two boys in. If there is somewhere I can tell stories about non-rabbit rescue on here I'd love to share with you all :) The reason I was pointed this way is because you have a homecheck / transport section; so I can help you guys, and hopefully you might be able to help me occasionally.

Other than that. Ummm .. I have CFS, so don't work .. my husband (Ian, aka Pooky), works at home ... the cat is definitely a lady of leasure (who appears to be staring at me through her eyelids at the moment) .. and I'm generally a rather boring person :|

Nice to be here,

Nim

Last edited:
Back