• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bramble - for Erin (Buuny_Friend) and anyone else interested

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Here are some pics of the new bunny who came here on Saturday. I've decided to name her Bramble. She's currently living in my hallway, with a little indoor cage she can use as a base. At the moment she's still very scared.

DSCF1877.jpg

She went to the vets today because she has a huge abscess all the way under her chin. Unfortunately the majority of the abscess is so old that it's gone hard and the vet can feel a lot of bony growths caused by the infection. Some of the abscess higher up on her cheeks is relatively new and still soft, so we're treating with penicillin to try to shrink them.

She'll be on antibiotics and painkillers for the rest of her life, but my vet was happy that she's bright, active and has an appetite :D

Here's a photo which shows her abscess a bit clearer (she's actually a very fine-boned rabbit, the chubby cheeks are all abscess :shock: )

DSCF1876.jpg

Bless her heart :love: You can see how badly swollen her face is though :(

I'm so glad she is out of that pet shop, I hate to think what would of happened to her :(

She's beautiful.:love::love::love::love:
Where did you get her from?

She came here through Erin (who's a vet nurse), all the way from Surrey!

My vets are great with abscess buns, and usually opt for non-invasive, palliative care for non-curable infections like Bramble's...unlike some other vets who only offer PTS or traumatic (and usually pointless) surgery

Ahhh...Thank you Amy!

She is such a sweetie bless her. I love her name-really suits her.

Like Liz, I am also REALLY glad she is out of there and I am so grateful to you for offering her a forever home.

What a lovely Christmas present for her :love:

Bramble is a very pretty girl :love:

Hope the abscess treatment goes well for her. So glad she's safe in a great home in time for Christmas :D

Back