• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I harming him??

ninaannechalk

Young Bun
Hi There

My hubby and I have a nice cuppa and get the biscuit tin out at around 9 every night (well not to the minute but!! :: ) now when we crack open the chocolate biscuits Mr Bunns hears the tin lid, obviousley got to recognise the sound an djumps up on the sofa to investigate. The othe rnight he jumped up unawares and took a milk chocolate finger from the tin :shock: my hubby said 'should he be having that' an dI didnt know but by the time I could do anything he had whoofed down the lot and came back for more!! now should he be having choc biscuits or not and what will happen, he loved it sooo much i have given him little bits more on the nigts he has heard the tim calling an dnot only that my daughter left a bad of Cheese and Onion crisps on the floor while she went to the loo (i didn't know):oops: and came back to Mr Bunns with a mouthfull of crisp.......little tinker.....apart from needing to go to fat camp next week is this bad for him??:? didnt even think they woudl like the taste to be honest.

To be on the safe side I would make sure that he doesnt eat anything else like the chocolate and crisps. He may be a lucky one who doesnt have a reaction but I wouldnt risk it. Is he a house bunny?
Maybe he could have his own tin with his own special bunny biscuits in that he could have as a treat when you have yours? :love: :love: :love:

Chocolate and dairy are a big No-No for rabbits.

Some people feed plain digestives or oat biscuits, but I personally wouldn't in case it rots their teeth and causes infection. Dental problems are often a death sentence for a rabbit, they can't just have a regular descale like a cat or dog.

why don't you get him some of the dried herbs packets and put them in a tin... then when you have yours he can have something from his tin. mine love the coneflower, jerusalem artichoke and coltsfoot herbs the best. :D

Right I will put a stop to it right away!!! I do not want any harm to come to him...bless him he loved them!!! I will do that an dget a little tin with his treats in and trick him:) I suppose its common sense really dairy and rabbits......although touch wood his poo sare still a nice round golden nugget as he eats soooo much hay too. Thanks everyone :wave:

If it's on the floor or within reach then it's fair game - that's our rule!

Biscuit practically bowls me over at the rustle of a plastic veggie bag :roll:

Back