PDA

View Full Version : I'm bonding 4 at the weekend U/D I've separated them. I give up. I failed.

sacol4940
15-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Wish me luck :wave:

(Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated!)

poppymoon
15-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Wish me luck :wave:

(Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated!)

transcendental meditation to keep you chilled! sorry, i have no practical advice - i believe in the quick bonding method used but thats only with 2 buns.

good luck:wave:

sacol4940
15-12-2009, 01:20 PM
transcendental meditation to keep you chilled! sorry, i have no practical advice - i believe in the quick bonding method used but thats only with 2 buns.

good luck:wave:

I think thats what i'm going to do, just put them together and hope for the best!!

Daisylop
15-12-2009, 07:31 PM
ooooooooh,best of luck.I have 2 outdoor bunnys and 2 housebuns,i'd love to do a 4,Maybe one day but I've got this vision of me being overwhelmed by fighting bunnies :( I will read about your bonding with great interest!!!!

kaths101
15-12-2009, 07:33 PM
:shock::shock: 4???? when did that happen?????

I missed that :lol:

RubyTed
15-12-2009, 07:33 PM
WHICH OTHER TWO?!!! Yay! Lots of bunnies! I don't have any constructive comments, but will look out for everyone elses as I'm doing a four soon!

Jaysmonkey
15-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Paddy & Peaches?! Good luck! :D:D:D

Becky86
15-12-2009, 07:38 PM
I think thats what i'm going to do, just put them together and hope for the best!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Paddy wont even notice there are 2 other buns around :roll: Peaches, well, if you give her a cardboard box she wont notice either :lol: Theyre the most laid back comical buns ever, they are both so dopey! Peaches spends ages playing with empty cardboard boxes :roll: xXx

kaths101
15-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Paddy & Peaches?! Good luck! :D:D:D

awwww - ive just looked - they are gorgoeus...

BUT what happened to - not before christmas??? AND Im not bonding them yourself?

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY - how did you talk your OH round??? I need tips and quick!! :lol:

sacol4940
16-12-2009, 12:21 PM

Paddy wont even notice there are 2 other buns around :roll: Peaches, well, if you give her a cardboard box she wont notice either :lol: Theyre the most laid back comical buns ever, they are both so dopey! Peaches spends ages playing with empty cardboard boxes :roll: xXx

Awww they sound adorable :love: Are they ok with travelling? Poor little Rainbow was dribbling on the way back when we picked him up :( It was further than i realised.

And Kath - keep nagging, that's what i did! :lol: I just said to him that another 2 isnt going to take up anymore room as they'll all be in the bunny room together, it wont cost him anymore cos i pay for everything anyway, basically it wasnt really going to affect him in any way- apart from having another 4 buns jumping all over him when he's on the laptop instead of 2 :lol: He loves them, he's just to "macho" to admit it!! :lol:

Becky86
19-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Please send vibes for Sarah please guys!! Shes just texted me and the bonding isnt going too well :(

Sat here dog sitting whilst my mother has gone out! Im worried :lol: xXx

RubyTed
19-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh no!! BONDY vibes on their way Sarah!! Which bunny/bunnies is/are being difficult?! :(

Lillian
19-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Just stick with it! Bugs and Roo took more than two weeks to bond, very slow steps but soooo worth it!!

Best of luck, i have several pairs to bond into groups in spring :?

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks Becky :wave:

Well my 2 new babies are here and they are gorgeous :love:

I put them together and all was fine for about 5minutes - Rainbow and Paddy even starting grooming each pretty much straight away :love: - but then all hell broke loose! :( Jose humped Peaches and Peaches was not happy about that at all so she starting jumping on all the other buns and ripping clumps of fur out (mainly out of poor Rainbow) Jose retaliated and started being agressive back and all i could see was 4 buns scrapping and fur flying everywhere :(

I took Peaches out of the pen and everything calmed down, the other 3 were getting on fine. I left her separate for a few mins to calm down and then put her back in and she started fighting again :(

On Becky's advice, I've separated them now and put Jose and Rainbow back in their bunny room and P&P are still downstairs in the pen. I guess I need to put them in separate pens so that they can see each other but not touch through the bars, only problem with this is that when i did this with Jose and Rainbow, Jose went mental and started trying to jump out to get to Rainbow - she wasnt happy at all and I dont want to antagonise her.

All buns are fine, no injuries, just a little less fur :roll: P&P are currently sitting snuggled up in the corner :love: and Jose and Rainbow are being noisy upstairs, or should I say - JOSE is being noisy! :roll:

Where do i go from here? I've only got the rest of today, tomorrow and Monday to bond them, and them i'm back at work - HELP!!

Becky86
19-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Id at least give them a few hours to calm down... this is the problem i had with Ronnie and Lola, everytime he tried to hump Lola, she would retaliate and rip chunks of fur out of him :cry:

Were they literally rolling round in a big ball? Or were they just fur pulling/chasing?? I know you have to draw a fine line between the two, which is hard but Peaches may just need to be knocked down a peg or 2 (preferably by Jose :lol: ) If you try them again later tonight, and all is still bad you'll need to bond the slow way. Change litter trays/blankets/toys over every day so they get used to each others smells.

There is light at the end of the tunnel :) Cant believe Peaches is the naughty one :shock: I told her to behave :lol:

xXx

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 05:21 PM
It appears that Peaches chose ignore you :lol: You were right about Paddy though, he wasnt bothered by the other buns at all :lol:

I'm not sure if they rolling around in a big ball or not :? All i could see was bunnies everywhere and then i panicked and grabbed Peaches out of the mix :(

Would it work by just putting Jose and Peaches together for now and then add the other 2 later??

Id at least give them a few hours to calm down... this is the problem i had with Ronnie and Lola, everytime he tried to hump Lola, she would retaliate and rip chunks of fur out of him :cry:

Were they literally rolling round in a big ball? Or were they just fur pulling/chasing?? I know you have to draw a fine line between the two, which is hard but Peaches may just need to be knocked down a peg or 2 (preferably by Jose :lol: ) If you try them again later tonight, and all is still bad you'll need to bond the slow way. Change litter trays/blankets/toys over every day so they get used to each others smells.

There is light at the end of the tunnel :) Cant believe Peaches is the naughty one :shock: I told her to behave :lol:

xXx

RubyTed
19-12-2009, 05:37 PM
It WOULD be the girls wouldn't it!! :roll::roll:

Good luck!!

DemiS
19-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Have you tried holding Rainbow still whilst Peaches ermm..gets on top? Peaches might then lose the urge.

antigone
19-12-2009, 05:46 PM
It WOULD be the girls wouldn't it!! :roll::roll:
Good luck!!

It's always the girls. :roll::lol::lol:
Sending lots of bonding vibes xxxxx

kaths101
19-12-2009, 06:16 PM
ohhh nooo sarah i was relying on you to give me some confidence :lol: the rolling round in a ball sounds a nightmare - i sypmathise...
Umm I obviously cant give you advice - at least it hasnt seemed to have affected the 2 pairs... hope you are ok and it goes a bit better tonight - keep us updated! :?

Becky can you please start giving Dotty a ' being a good girl talking to' as well - umm actually maybe not they obviously dont listen to you :roll::lol:

GOOD LUCK x

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 06:19 PM
ohhh nooo sarah i was relying on you to give me some confidence :lol: the rolling round in a ball sounds a nightmare - i sypmathise...
Umm I obviously cant give you advice - at least it hasnt seemed to have affected the 2 pairs... hope you are ok and it goes a bit better tonight - keep us updated! :?

Becky can you please start giving Dotty a ' being a good girl talking to' as well - umm actually maybe not they obviously dont listen to you :roll::lol:

GOOD LUCK x

Sorry! :oops:

You'll probably get on better than i have anyway, as your 4 wont have established who's the dominant one. Whereas with mine, it's clear that the girls are the dominant ones in each pair and they were fighting to work out who's going to be the dominant one overall

I'm going to have a takeaway in a bit and then try again after me thinks :shock:

kaths101
19-12-2009, 06:24 PM
:? Im hoping your right but knowing my lot they will all want to be dominent arrrgghhhh
Have a glass of wine and put some calming music on - Im sure it will be fine in the end - girls - nothing but trouble!! :roll:
Hope they can sort it out tonight for you..
I think Jose will win!

Sorry! :oops:

You'll probably get on better than i have anyway, as your 4 wont have established who's the dominant one. Whereas with mine, it's clear that the girls are the dominant ones in each pair and they were fighting to work out who's going to be the dominant one overall

I'm going to have a takeaway in a bit and then try again after me thinks :shock:

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 06:28 PM
:? Im hoping your right but knowing my lot they will all want to be dominent arrrgghhhh
Have a glass of wine and put some calming music on - Im sure it will be fine in the end - girls - nothing but trouble!! :roll:
Hope they can sort it out tonight for you..
I think Jose will win!

I'm not sure who'll win, all i know is that neither of them are going to want to back down :roll:

Becky86
19-12-2009, 06:38 PM
:lol::lol: Clearly she didnt listen to me :roll: Naughty peaches :no: I told you Paddy is a little darling isnt he? :love: Peaches seems to always want to do her own thing, shes a little madam!

Kath, i'll tell Dotty to be good :lol::lol: ;) xXx

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 07:34 PM
:lol::lol: Clearly she didnt listen to me :roll: Naughty peaches :no: I told you Paddy is a little darling isnt he? :love: Peaches seems to always want to do her own thing, shes a little madam!

Kath, i'll tell Dotty to be good :lol::lol: ;) xXx

Well I've had them both out of the pen for cuddles and they both nipped both me and the OH :roll: Paddy loved having a cuddle bless him but Peaches was having none of it! :lol:

For some reason, Paddy likes lying in the litter tray and then Peaches sits on top of him :lol:

I'm going to retry them after I've had my chish and fips :D

(Adam loves them both, i knew he would :D)

poppymoon
19-12-2009, 07:41 PM
sorry their first meeting hasn't gone too well:( i dread to think what may happen if esme even saw another girl:roll: methinks she needs a big boy to keep her in her place. eric on the other hand, really doesn't think he's a rabbit:?

i suppose p & p have also got to adjust to a new home - as well as 2 more bunnies. hope you manage to crack it:) xxx

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 07:58 PM
sorry their first meeting hasn't gone too well:( i dread to think what may happen if esme even saw another girl:roll: methinks she needs a big boy to keep her in her place. eric on the other hand, really doesn't think he's a rabbit:?

i suppose p & p have also got to adjust to a new home - as well as 2 more bunnies. hope you manage to crack it:) xxx

Why does Eric not think he's a rabbit? :lol:

poppymoon
19-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Why does Eric not think he's a rabbit? :lol:

he's just weird:p really cute tho - toasting his belly sprawled in front of the fire:roll:

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 08:07 PM
he's just weird:p really cute tho - toasting his belly sprawled in front of the fire:roll:

Aww bless him :love: :lol: Weird is good :thumb:

Paddy is a lop/lionhead version of Eric, they have the same colourings i think :D

Becky86
19-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Well I've had them both out of the pen for cuddles and they both nipped both me and the OH :roll: Paddy loved having a cuddle bless him but Peaches was having none of it! :lol:

For some reason, Paddy likes lying in the litter tray and then Peaches sits on top of him :lol:

I'm going to retry them after I've had my chish and fips :D

(Adam loves them both, i knew he would :D)

Paddy has never nipped either of us... maybe its just him adjusting to his new home :? Im glad he gave you a cuddle :love: He really is a cuddle bun :love: I told you Peaches hated cuddles :lol: She likes to do what the hell she wants :roll:

YAY! Just got the text message :D :D Pictures of babies :love::love: xXx

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Right then, an update:

They've been back together about half an hour and all is going well apart from between Rainbow and Peaches :roll: Rainbow keeps trying to groom Peaches and Peaches doesnt like it when he nips her fur to groom her, she stomps her feet and runs off and hides in a corner. She's being a right scaredy cat and keeps huddling up to Paddy :roll:

Jose and Rainbow keep taking it turns to hump Paddy as well as humping each other :lol:

Jose also keeps humping Peaches, but she's ok with it :D

Paddy's not too bothered by anything, he's just sitting there and occasionally goes for a wander :D

Rainbow's flopped a few times and Jose is interacting a bit more now, to begin with she was just doing her own thing whilst the other 3 were together.

Think i might have to sleep on the settee tonight :roll:

*lily*
19-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Sounds interesting! :lol::lol:

Becky86
19-12-2009, 09:27 PM
:lol: @ Paddy! He is totally oblivious to everything isnt he? :lol:

Sounds like its going ok... very interesting anyway... lots of humping :lol: xXx

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Sounds interesting! :lol::lol:

It's quite interesting to watch actually :lol:

At the moment, P&P are in one corner looking nervous and scared, and Jose and Rainbow are in another grooming and humping each other :lol:

kaths101
19-12-2009, 09:34 PM
:lol::lol: so far so good - sounds promising :thumb:

:lol: at rainbow and Jose humping - as if they havent had enough time for that :lol: I think rainbow is showing jose he is still the man in her life :lol: -'Shes all Mine' gerrroff

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Photos :D

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/sacol4940/PP4.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/sacol4940/PP3.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/sacol4940/PP2.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/sacol4940/PP1.jpg

I've just put some hay on the floor and they're all eating it :D

poppymoon
19-12-2009, 10:17 PM
thats the trick - hay and a few scattered pellets:D

hope things continue to improve:wave:
(yes, looks like a lop eared eric - black otter:))

Bungle bunny
19-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Wow, it seems to be going really well apart from the little hicup earlier. Hope it continues to go well for you

Danielle84
19-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Sending you mega vibes for the bonding. Sorry it hasn't gone well so far!

I'm sure it will improve as time goes on! Good Luck :wave:

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Well, Paddy and Rainbow are cuddled up in a corner together :love:

But Jose and Peaches are at it again :roll: Jose keeps grooming Peaches' bum and she hates it so she stomps her feet, runs off and Jose chases her round and round the pen :roll:

It's going to be a looooooooong night me thinks! :roll:

Becky86
19-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Bless ya :( Sorry theyre being naughty, we mustve jinxed it when we said Peaches looks like a dissaproving bunny :lol:

Paddy and Rainbow :love:

It sounds like its going well, the girls will soon sort out their differences :) Your doing fab! :thumb: xXx

sacol4940
19-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Bless ya :( Sorry theyre being naughty, we mustve jinxed it when we said Peaches looks like a dissaproving bunny :lol:

Paddy and Rainbow :love:

It sounds like its going well, the girls will soon sort out their differences :) Your doing fab! :thumb: xXx

She has such an adorable grumpy mush though :lol: She just stares at you :shock:

Jose's now joined the snuggling corner with Paddy and Rainbow while Peaches is a loner in the opposite corner, i feel so sorry for her :(

kaths101
20-12-2009, 12:14 AM
phew thankyou, you have given me hope - sounds like its going really well :D

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 12:36 AM
phew thankyou, you have given me hope - sounds like its going really well :D

Just be prepared for a sleepless night - i think i'm going to have one tonight :(

I WANT SLEEP!!!

Bungle bunny
20-12-2009, 01:49 AM
:lol: Hope its going well and you manage to get a few hours sleep

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 03:10 AM
Well I'm still awake :(

poppymoon
20-12-2009, 09:15 AM
hope you've managed to get some sleep xxx

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 09:34 AM
hope you've managed to get some sleep xxx

Not really. Between 00.30 and 02.30 i was woken up every 5mins (no exaggeration) with Jose chasing Peaches! In the end i separated them back into pairs as I could see that Peaches was getting stressed and scared, she was just cowering in the corner :( Even after I separated them, Peaches was scared of Paddy :(

Everything is ok this morning, Peaches seems a lot happier thankfully.

I just dont know what to do this morning now. Do I put them back together asap? Or do i leave them?

*lily*
20-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Welllllll, I'm sure the correct answer is put them back together as soon as possible :D

Enjoy :wave:

kaths101
20-12-2009, 09:42 AM
I Hope someone can help you soon but I would keep trying if they are not full on fighting.

Get some sleep first though - so your going in refreshed and ready...
Lots of Jose and Peaches 'getting on' vibes coming your way!!

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Welllllll, I'm sure the correct answer is put them back together as soon as possible :D

Enjoy :wave:

I had 4hrs sleep last night, i just want to go back to bed :( But I'll sort the bunnies out instead :roll: :lol:

*lily*
20-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Oooooh no, in that case bed first THEN rabbit bonding :D

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Nah i'm awake now :lol: I'll sort them out as soon as i can get my lazy bum off the settee

Jaysmonkey
20-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Oh no! Lots of bonding vibes!:(

Danielle84
20-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Sending mega vibes this morning Sarah! Maybe when they settle down go have a nap and leave the OH to supervise?

I really hope they start to get along! They are such buties :love:

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Sending mega vibes this morning Sarah! Maybe when they settle down go have a nap and leave the OH to supervise?

I really hope they start to get along! They are such buties :love:

The OH is at work today :(

They're back together now and Jose's chasing Peaches again :(

I'm trying to upload a video of them doing it but its taking a while

(Love the sig by the way :D )

giantbunnymummy
20-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Sending happy bonded bunny vibes, hope naughty Jose stops the chasing soon and it all works out.

Danielle84
20-12-2009, 01:14 PM
The OH is at work today :(

They're back together now and Jose's chasing Peaches again :(

I'm trying to upload a video of them doing it but its taking a while

(Love the sig by the way :D )

Aww thanks, Paul did it for me..i wouldn't have a clue how to do one :lol::lol:

Is Jose the most dominant one? Do you think Peaches will give in eventually?

I guess it's still early days though so keep going! I have everything crossed for you :D

How long have you got til you're back at work?

Becky86
20-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Id leave them together... if Peaches is just sitting in the corner and not retaliating in any way then Jose has obviously already claimed her crown ;) Did the holding her down for a few seconds and saying no work? It sounds like Jose is telling Peaches that Rainbow and Paddy are hers :?

I do hope it works out, Peaches needs to put Jose in her place for it to work i think as Jose is obviously still ruling the roost :( Hope it all works out soon. Thinking of ya!

Id of come across today but ive got the little one and hes a handful :( xXx

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Id leave them together... if Peaches is just sitting in the corner and not retaliating in any way then Jose has obviously already claimed her crown ;) Did the holding her down for a few seconds and saying no work? It sounds like Jose is telling Peaches that Rainbow and Paddy are hers :?

I do hope it works out, Peaches needs to put Jose in her place for it to work i think as Jose is obviously still ruling the roost :( Hope it all works out soon. Thinking of ya!

Id of come across today but ive got the little one and hes a handful :( xXx

Well i thought it was working, but then Jose started chasing Paddy instead :roll: and now she's chasing both of them!

Yeah Peaches just sits in the corner, she's a wimp - and she's the biggest! :lol:

Dont worry about not being able come down, I just hope they're sorted by Tuesday morning cos thats when im back at work

Would putting litter trays in the pen help? I'm just thinking that the only time they all integrate together is when i put hay in??

xx

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 02:49 PM
We have group huddling! :D :love: Peaches was sitting on her own for a while, but then decided she wanted to join in, so just jumped on top of them :lol:

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/sacol4940/grouphug.jpg

Paddy has since moved to go eat hay :roll: but Peaches is still sitting with Jose and Rainbow :D

There's been no chasing for a while either! :D

*lily*
20-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Awwww that's lovely :D

Danielle84
20-12-2009, 04:26 PM
That's brilliant news :D they look so lovely there :love:

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 04:59 PM
:D They've been as good as gold for a couple of hours now :D Hopefully it stays this way! :D

They're all sitting in a group having a snooze by the looks of things :D

*lily*
20-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Are you going to chance going to bed tonight? ;):lol:

lunar6769
20-12-2009, 05:06 PM
We have group huddling! :D :love:

They look really contented. :)

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Are you going to chance going to bed tonight? ;):lol:

If they carry on behaving like this for the rest of the night, then I probably will :D

If i do sleep in my bed tonight, I think ill move them up into the bunny room, in the same size enclosure that they're in at the mo. At least then if they start fighting i can hear them

Daisylop
20-12-2009, 05:59 PM
yay !!!![ hopefully] you've done it!!!!!:D:D:D

Becky86
20-12-2009, 06:06 PM
YAY!!! Bunny pile! :love::love::love: Told you you could do it :D Paddy looks so sweet :love: Did you send me a video earlier?? My phone wont let me view it :cry:

xXx

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 06:19 PM
YAY!!! Bunny pile! :love::love::love: Told you you could do it :D Paddy looks so sweet :love: Did you send me a video earlier?? My phone wont let me view it :cry:

xXx

:D It looks so cute when they're all together :love: Peaches is integrating now, and it seems that it's Jose that's choosing to sit on her own :roll:

I sent you a pic, but not dont think i sent a video ??

P&P are so funny! They just jump on top of each other and they're both fine with being trampled on :lol: In fact, as i've typed this, Paddy just jumped into a corner and ended up standing on Rainbow's head - Rainbow just sat there :lol:

I hope they stay friendly like this! Fingers crossed!! :D

xx

Becky86
20-12-2009, 06:22 PM
:D It looks so cute when they're all together :love: Peaches is integrating now, and it seems that it's Jose that's choosing to sit on her own :roll:

I sent you a pic, but not dont think i sent a video ??

P&P are so funny! They just jump on top of each other and they're both fine with being trampled on :lol: In fact, as i've typed this, Paddy just jumped into a corner and ended up standing on Rainbow's head - Rainbow just sat there :lol:

I hope they stay friendly like this! Fingers crossed!! :D

xx

Thats funny, must be my phone as i got the first 2 pics you sent :? Its probably me, im useless :lol: :oops:

Got all paws crossed for you here :D Looks like Jose has been put in her place ;) She will probably still be top bunny though! Hopefully you'll get some sleep tonight! xXx

antigone
20-12-2009, 06:33 PM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/sacol4940/grouphug.jpg

:D Well done!:D

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Thats funny, must be my phone as i got the first 2 pics you sent :? Its probably me, im useless :lol: :oops:

Got all paws crossed for you here :D Looks like Jose has been put in her place ;) She will probably still be top bunny though! Hopefully you'll get some sleep tonight! xXx

Hopefully! Do you think it'd be ok if i left them for an hour tomorrow afternoon? (If they're still ok with other and no fighting/chasing of course)

Peaches has just burrowed into Paddy's side cos he moved into her space when she got up and she wanted her space back :shock::lol: How mean!!

And dont worry about your phone, phones do strange things some times :roll:

giantbunnymummy
20-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Awww, they look so gorgeous together :D

Fingers crossed it all stays quiet!

Becky86
20-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Hopefully! Do you think it'd be ok if i left them for an hour tomorrow afternoon? (If they're still ok with other and no fighting/chasing of course)

Peaches has just burrowed into Paddy's side cos he moved into her space when she got up and she wanted her space back :shock::lol: How mean!!

And dont worry about your phone, phones do strange things some times :roll:

Urm... personally i wouldnt let them out free range, as it may cause fights. Maybe extend the pen a little? Have you added a litter tray yet? You could make the pen bigger and add the litter tray :)

Better to take it slowly :)

donnamt
20-12-2009, 07:44 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a lovely group :love::love:

TeflonsShadow
20-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Cute bunch!!

I almost cried when I saw that pic... I have just dropped my pair off with Sam_spice as there is no room for them in my mums house over Christmas and then we are off to Ireland... am going to miss them so much :cry::cry::cry:

Beautiful babies :love:

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Urm... personally i wouldnt let them out free range, as it may cause fights. Maybe extend the pen a little? Have you added a litter tray yet? You could make the pen bigger and add the litter tray :)

Better to take it slowly :)

Sorry, I didnt mean let them out free range, I meant just leave them in their pen while i pop out? I added 2 litter trays earlier this afternoon, didnt know if i should have done or not, but they were fine with them. Paddy's a right savage, he's eaten most of the hay already :lol:

I think i'm going to put them in the bunny room 2nite in a 3x3 nic grid set up (which is a bit bigger than the pen that they're in now), i can sleep in my own bed and still hear what they're up to at the same time that way. And then i can extend it grid by grid like i did with Jose and Rainbow :)

Jose's being the loner now :( The other 3 are all lying next to each other but Jose not :(

xx

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Cute bunch!!

I almost cried when I saw that pic... I have just dropped my pair off with Sam_spice as there is no room for them in my mums house over Christmas and then we are off to Ireland... am going to miss them so much :cry::cry::cry:

Beautiful babies :love:

:( how long are you away from them for?

Becky86
20-12-2009, 08:16 PM
:lol: I was gonna say, thought it was weird you asking that :oops: Yea, sure, youve got to leave them for 10 mins at some point :D If they make it through the night without being naughty, im sure a short while tomorrow wont hurt :D

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 08:29 PM
:lol: I was gonna say, thought it was weird you asking that :oops: Yea, sure, youve got to leave them for 10 mins at some point :D If they make it through the night without being naughty, im sure a short while tomorrow wont hurt :D

Ok cool :D Lets hope they behave themselves overnight then!! I'm up at 6am tomorrow so they better not be waking me up in the night!! :lol:

Thank you so much for letting me have them, I'm so glad i've got them, i love them to bits already! :love: They're so funny to just sit and watch, even the way Paddy hops makes me laugh :lol: Plus their ears go in random directions :lol:

xx

Becky86
20-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Awwh bless ya! They have a fab home with you, im glad you adopted them :D

I told you they were funny :lol: They really are an odd pair of bunnies arent they? :lol:

Scamps puppy pen arrived today - it fills the lounge :shock: Its massive! Hes got loadsa room now :love:

Hope your babies be good tonight. Is Jose with them now? xXx

TeflonsShadow
20-12-2009, 10:04 PM
:( how long are you away from them for?

Till the 3rd :( I dont know how I will cope!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Awwh bless ya! They have a fab home with you, im glad you adopted them :D

I told you they were funny :lol: They really are an odd pair of bunnies arent they? :lol:

Scamps puppy pen arrived today - it fills the lounge :shock: Its massive! Hes got loadsa room now :love:

Hope your babies be good tonight. Is Jose with them now? xXx

They are very peculiar indeed :lol: Paddy's really nosy and Peaches just stares :lol:

Awww bless little Scamp :love: More room to cause trouble in now! :lol:

Jose's still not really snuggling :? Rainbow and Peaches are loved up in the corner with Paddy sitting next to them grooming himself, whereas Jose's sitting in another corner :? When the 3 of them were snuggling earlier, i moved Jose and put her with the others and she stayed there for a bit but then moved away again :roll: I think Jose's a bit miffed that Rainbows ditched her and got with Peaches :lol:

xx

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Till the 3rd :( I dont know how I will cope!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:( I can understand why you're missing them cos I'd miss my babies if i was away from them for that long, but they're in good hands and you've got nothing to worry about. You'll have them back in no time!!

TeflonsShadow
20-12-2009, 10:22 PM
:( I can understand why you're missing them cos I'd miss my babies if i was away from them for that long, but they're in good hands and you've got nothing to worry about. You'll have them back in no time!!

I know. I would feel much worse if it were Rimmi going on his own like when I went to Ireland in the summer, but I know they are in the best hands and Sam will take great care of them :D Plus they have each other. :love:

sacol4940
20-12-2009, 11:53 PM
I can't do this. I'm separating them again. I've moved them upstairs and the fur started flying again. Poor peaches looks terrified :0( im going to have to get someone else to do it. My hands are covered in scratches, my hearts pounding and I just want to cry. I'm too tired to stay up with them all night. I failed.

antigone
21-12-2009, 12:04 AM
You haven't failed. Bunnies can drive anybody mad!:evil::evil:
You can try again later, or - as you said - get somebody else to do it for you.;) There are charities here that will do it for a donation. Please don't feel that you have failed.:)

TeflonsShadow
21-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Aww, dont be disheartened....! One of them must have been rude to another to start a scrap. Probably best you keep them apart for the night just so you can get some rest, hope you feel better in the morning xx

giantbunnymummy
21-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Oh no, sorry it's not going well :(

You haven't failed though - you've tried really hard :) Bunnies are obviously just very tricky beasts when it comes to bonding.

Maybe try again in the morning? Or perhaps a completely neutral setting elsewhere would be good if there are any bonders who could give it a go for you?

VickiP
21-12-2009, 12:08 AM
:roll: Just read all through this sorry it has been a stresso - Naughty bunsters:roll:

Woodlouse
21-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Sorry to read it hasn't gone well. TBH I think you moved them
way too soon, the bond was nowhere near established enough for new territory to be thrown into the equation.

If you want neutral territory & an experienced hand then I'm still willing to give it a go in return for a donation to Fat Fluffs x

sacol4940
21-12-2009, 12:25 AM
I haven't separated them yet, I'm just sitting the pen. I think I'm going to do it now tho, it's not fair on paddy and peaches :0(

*lily*
21-12-2009, 08:16 AM
How's it going now, Sarah?

poppymoon
21-12-2009, 09:43 AM
:( really feel for you - i was devastated when my 2 fell out big style (not just the fur pulling, i mean a vet trip for eric:roll:) and i felt i'd let them down. now i have 2 way happier bunnies tho so i'm beginning to accept that they weren't totally suited.

maybe give yourself time to de-stress and try again. if all else fails, you do have 2 happy pairs tho:) xxx

Lib_n_bunny
21-12-2009, 09:53 AM
:( really feel for you - i was devastated when my 2 fell out big style (not just the fur pulling, i mean a vet trip for eric:roll:) and i felt i'd let them down. now i have 2 way happier bunnies tho so i'm beginning to accept that they weren't totally suited.

maybe give yourself time to de-stress and try again. if all else fails, you do have 2 happy pairs tho:) xxx

Yes I agree, my two were originally friends but now just go for each other. At least you have two happy pairs, I have two Bridget-Jones-Style sad singletons! :lol:

Daisylop
21-12-2009, 10:11 AM
I agree, I think it was way to early to move them-moving too soon means the whole hierarchy thing has to be re-established.Maybe a 2 could be moved after a day or so but I would err on the side of caution with a group.Decide where you want to bond,making sure its somewhere they can be for a week or so,then start again and it will be like starting from scratch again.Might be best to do it when you have some holidays so can spend the time with them without having to go out.
Best of Luck

Snowberry
21-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I would let someone else do the bonding for you hun. There is no way I am brave enough to bond my three, I just dont have the experience to do it.

A totally neutral territory and some experienced hands will make all the difference.

sacol4940
21-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks everyone x

I separated them last night and I now have happy bunnies all round, which is the important thing isnt it? :D

I do want them as a group, but I'll leave it till the new year - and I'll be getting someone else to do it!! This weekend has been far too stressful for my liking. I'm shattered and i've got a bad headache from getting stressed and worried.

Maybe i shoudnt have tried to do the bonding myself :( i felt brave though so i thought id give it a go :oops: They were getting on really well until i moved them :(

Ah well, you learn from your mistakes dont you, and ive learnt that im never doing bonding ever again! :lol:

xx

MopsyMops =]
21-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Im sorry it didnt go well :(

when I bonded my two, I had quite a few members from hereon webcam so they could tell what was good and what wasnt :lol:.

Good luck in the future!! :love:

donnamt
21-12-2009, 12:20 PM
aww im sorry you had to seperate them :(

Danielle84
21-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Aww sorry it hasn't worked out. I'm sure they will be happy as pairs though. Abi did a fantastic job with Timmy and Blossom and they are now sooo loved up (apart from the humping which is now finally dying down :roll:)

I'm not sure how long it takes for bonded buns to become established and ready for new additions, but i wouldn't dare introduce another bun to our troublesome twosome :lol:

I guess you just have two very stubborn little madams there! Really hope it works out for you in the new year. At least you gave it a go (soo brave!) and did what was best by separating them *hugs*

Becky86
21-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Sarah can i just say there is no way you have failed!! Youve done SO well!! I think they were moved to a different area too soon, when i bond i usually leave them in the same area for a week, even if they have hardly any room :lol: I know it seems cruel but ive found its the only way that works.

If you want a hand when im home after xmas, im willing to come and help you :) Or you could take Abi up on her offer? ;) Though when they do come home you will still need to keep them in a confined area for a while until theyre settled again :)

I admire you for trying! :D I think if you'd of left them in the lounge in that pen they'd of been fine :D xXx

Danielle84
21-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Sarah can i just say there is no way you have failed!! Youve done SO well!! I think they were moved to a different area too soon, when i bond i usually leave them in the same area for a week, even if they have hardly any room :lol: I know it seems cruel but ive found its the only way that works.

If you want a hand when im home after xmas, im willing to come and help you :) Or you could take Abi up on her offer? ;) Though when they do come home you will still need to keep them in a confined area for a while until theyre settled again :)

I admire you for trying! :D I think if you'd of left them in the lounge in that pen they'd of been fine :D xXx

I agree! Don't be hard on yourself. I would never have had the guts to do what you have done :D Give yourself a rest and maybe a few glasses of wine to de-stress!

poppymoon
21-12-2009, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=Becky86;3489199] when i bond i usually leave them in the same area for a week, even if they have hardly any room :lol: I know it seems cruel but ive found its the only way that works.

thats what i did with eric and esme after the first separation - and we had moved into a totally different house (can't get any more neutral than that:roll:). thought it had worked but alas, even after time, it went wrong again - but worse. i feel like i failed too but at least i have 2 happy bunnies now. not my ideal but they can injure each other very quickly so good for you for taking time out to rethink and maybe try a different approach in the new year:D:wave:

now relax and enjoy them all as individuals (well, paired individuals:lol:). xx

sacol4940
21-12-2009, 05:33 PM
I guess you just have two very stubborn little madams there! Really hope it works out for you in the new year. At least you gave it a go (soo brave!) and did what was best by separating them *hugs*

I think Jose was the main problem to be honest, she still wanted to be top bunny and was being horrible to poor Peaches :(

I wish i had have left them in the living room now, but i couldnt sleep if I did - 2 seater settee's arent comfy when your 6ft tall :roll:

Thank you for the offer of helping me :) but i cant be doing with all this stress again, so i think i'll be sending them away to Fat Fluffs (if they'll do it for me, I'll PM them and ask)

thats what i did with eric and esme after the first separation - and we had moved into a totally different house (can't get any more neutral than that:roll:). thought it had worked but alas, even after time, it went wrong again - but worse. i feel like i failed too but at least i have 2 happy bunnies now. not my ideal but they can injure each other very quickly so good for you for taking time out to rethink and maybe try a different approach in the new year:D:wave:

now relax and enjoy them all as individuals (well, paired individuals:lol:). xx

I'm already enjoying watching P&P, they're so funny :lol: I've just been out and bought them some new toys and theyve been chucking them around their pen making a right racket :lol: They're "proper" rabbits, whereas Jose and Rainbow arent :lol:

I know i did the right thing by separating them, but i still cant help feeling useless :(

Becky86
21-12-2009, 06:13 PM
:lol: @ P&P being proper rabbits, are Jose and Rainbow fakes? ;) :lol: You make me laugh hun! I know what you mean though :love:

Either way, dont punish yourself :D xXx

poppymoon
21-12-2009, 06:17 PM
I think Jose was the main problem to be honest, she still wanted to be top bunny and was being horrible to poor Peaches :(

I wish i had have left them in the living room now, but i couldnt sleep if I did - 2 seater settee's arent comfy when your 6ft tall :roll:

Thank you for the offer of helping me :) but i cant be doing with all this stress again, so i think i'll be sending them away to Fat Fluffs (if they'll do it for me, I'll PM them and ask)

I'm already enjoying watching P&P, they're so funny :lol: I've just been out and bought them some new toys and theyve been chucking them around their pen making a right racket :lol: They're "proper" rabbits, whereas Jose and Rainbow arent :lol:

I know i did the right thing by separating them, but i still cant help feeling useless :(

i am totally with you on that:lol: esme is a proper rabbit - she has all of the toys that eric was bought plus her own - he has never bothered with them (probably takes too much effort:roll:) but i love watching her chase willow balls around - she even likes carrots:shock:

sacol4940
21-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah Jose and Rainbow are fakes in disguise! :lol: Jose's too skittish to be a proper rabbit and Rainbow's too much of a lazy lump to be one :lol:

They're all in the bunny room now, in different pens that are about a foot and a half apart. (i thought i'd reduce the gap gradually) Jose was being a bit naughty to begin with but I think she's calmed down now - everytime Rainbow periscoped to have a look at their new neighbours, Jose nipped her bum as if to say "Oi you, dont look at them, you're not allowed!" :lol:

As usual P&P werent bothered at all by their new neighbours :roll: I put them in and they were just like "Ooooh hay!" and off they nommed! :lol:

Becky86
21-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah Jose and Rainbow are fakes in disguise! :lol: Jose's too skittish to be a proper rabbit and Rainbow's too much of a lazy lump to be one :lol:

They're all in the bunny room now, in different pens that are about a foot and a half apart. (i thought i'd reduce the gap gradually) Jose was being a bit naughty to begin with but I think she's calmed down now - everytime Rainbow periscoped to have a look at their new neighbours, Jose nipped her bum as if to say "Oi you, dont look at them, you're not allowed!" :lol:

As usual P&P werent bothered at all by their new neighbours :roll: I put them in and they were just like "Ooooh hay!" and off they nommed! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: She doesnt want her man straying ;) :lol: Glad theyre all ok :love: xXx

sacol4940
21-12-2009, 10:48 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: She doesnt want her man straying ;) :lol: Glad theyre all ok :love: xXx

Yeah everybun's fine :D Altho i did just catch Jose trying to climb over the top of the pen :shock: so now i need to find something to peg over the top to stop her climbing out :roll::lol:

Becky86
21-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah everybun's fine :D Altho i did just catch Jose trying to climb over the top of the pen :shock: so now i need to find something to peg over the top to stop her climbing out :roll::lol:

Use an old sheet :D Shes a little devil isnt she? :lol:

sacol4940
21-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Use an old sheet :D Shes a little devil isnt she? :lol:

I dont have any old sheets, they were all bought new when we moved in in May :lol: I'll think of something!

And yes, she is a little devil! I dont understand how something so small can cause so much mischief! :lol:

kaths101
21-12-2009, 11:04 PM
awww sorry it didnt work out - you were doing so well!!! I think they will go together - your previuos photos were really promising - I think you just need a bit more time and help to do it.

I had to peg a sheet over Oreos cage as he did a flying leap into Sootys half :shock:

sacol4940
21-12-2009, 11:18 PM
awww sorry it didnt work out - you were doing so well!!! I think they will go together - your previuos photos were really promising - I think you just need a bit more time and help to do it.

I had to peg a sheet over Oreos cage as he did a flying leap into Sootys half :shock:

Yeah i think they will go together, they were getting on fine - before i moved them :roll:

Rabbits are crazy things arent they? She managed to get to the top of the NIC grids but then i dont think she knew how to get over the top :lol: I'm just worried that she'll fall and injure herself.