• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm bonding 4 at the weekend U/D I've separated them. I give up. I failed.

Wish me luck :wave:

(Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated!)

transcendental meditation to keep you chilled! sorry, i have no practical advice - i believe in the quick bonding method used but thats only with 2 buns.

good luck:wave:

transcendental meditation to keep you chilled! sorry, i have no practical advice - i believe in the quick bonding method used but thats only with 2 buns.

good luck:wave:

I think thats what i'm going to do, just put them together and hope for the best!!

ooooooooh,best of luck.I have 2 outdoor bunnys and 2 housebuns,i'd love to do a 4,Maybe one day but I've got this vision of me being overwhelmed by fighting bunnies :( I will read about your bonding with great interest!!!!

WHICH OTHER TWO?!!! Yay! Lots of bunnies! I don't have any constructive comments, but will look out for everyone elses as I'm doing a four soon!

I think thats what i'm going to do, just put them together and hope for the best!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Paddy wont even notice there are 2 other buns around :roll: Peaches, well, if you give her a cardboard box she wont notice either :lol: Theyre the most laid back comical buns ever, they are both so dopey! Peaches spends ages playing with empty cardboard boxes :roll: xXx

Paddy & Peaches?! Good luck! :D:D:D

awwww - ive just looked - they are gorgoeus...

BUT what happened to - not before christmas??? AND Im not bonding them yourself?

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY - how did you talk your OH round??? I need tips and quick!! :lol:

Paddy wont even notice there are 2 other buns around :roll: Peaches, well, if you give her a cardboard box she wont notice either :lol: Theyre the most laid back comical buns ever, they are both so dopey! Peaches spends ages playing with empty cardboard boxes :roll: xXx

Awww they sound adorable :love: Are they ok with travelling? Poor little Rainbow was dribbling on the way back when we picked him up :( It was further than i realised.

And Kath - keep nagging, that's what i did! :lol: I just said to him that another 2 isnt going to take up anymore room as they'll all be in the bunny room together, it wont cost him anymore cos i pay for everything anyway, basically it wasnt really going to affect him in any way- apart from having another 4 buns jumping all over him when he's on the laptop instead of 2 :lol: He loves them, he's just to "macho" to admit it!! :lol:

Please send vibes for Sarah please guys!! Shes just texted me and the bonding isnt going too well :(

Sat here dog sitting whilst my mother has gone out! Im worried :lol: xXx

Just stick with it! Bugs and Roo took more than two weeks to bond, very slow steps but soooo worth it!!

Best of luck, i have several pairs to bond into groups in spring :?

Thanks Becky :wave:

Well my 2 new babies are here and they are gorgeous :love:

I put them together and all was fine for about 5minutes - Rainbow and Paddy even starting grooming each pretty much straight away :love: - but then all hell broke loose! :( Jose humped Peaches and Peaches was not happy about that at all so she starting jumping on all the other buns and ripping clumps of fur out (mainly out of poor Rainbow) Jose retaliated and started being agressive back and all i could see was 4 buns scrapping and fur flying everywhere :(

I took Peaches out of the pen and everything calmed down, the other 3 were getting on fine. I left her separate for a few mins to calm down and then put her back in and she started fighting again :(

On Becky's advice, I've separated them now and put Jose and Rainbow back in their bunny room and P&P are still downstairs in the pen. I guess I need to put them in separate pens so that they can see each other but not touch through the bars, only problem with this is that when i did this with Jose and Rainbow, Jose went mental and started trying to jump out to get to Rainbow - she wasnt happy at all and I dont want to antagonise her.

All buns are fine, no injuries, just a little less fur :roll: P&P are currently sitting snuggled up in the corner :love: and Jose and Rainbow are being noisy upstairs, or should I say - JOSE is being noisy! :roll:

Where do i go from here? I've only got the rest of today, tomorrow and Monday to bond them, and them i'm back at work - HELP!!

Id at least give them a few hours to calm down... this is the problem i had with Ronnie and Lola, everytime he tried to hump Lola, she would retaliate and rip chunks of fur out of him :cry:

Were they literally rolling round in a big ball? Or were they just fur pulling/chasing?? I know you have to draw a fine line between the two, which is hard but Peaches may just need to be knocked down a peg or 2 (preferably by Jose :lol: ) If you try them again later tonight, and all is still bad you'll need to bond the slow way. Change litter trays/blankets/toys over every day so they get used to each others smells.

There is light at the end of the tunnel :) Cant believe Peaches is the naughty one :shock: I told her to behave :lol:

xXx

It appears that Peaches chose ignore you :lol: You were right about Paddy though, he wasnt bothered by the other buns at all :lol:

I'm not sure if they rolling around in a big ball or not :? All i could see was bunnies everywhere and then i panicked and grabbed Peaches out of the mix :(

Would it work by just putting Jose and Peaches together for now and then add the other 2 later??

Id at least give them a few hours to calm down... this is the problem i had with Ronnie and Lola, everytime he tried to hump Lola, she would retaliate and rip chunks of fur out of him :cry:

Were they literally rolling round in a big ball? Or were they just fur pulling/chasing?? I know you have to draw a fine line between the two, which is hard but Peaches may just need to be knocked down a peg or 2 (preferably by Jose :lol: ) If you try them again later tonight, and all is still bad you'll need to bond the slow way. Change litter trays/blankets/toys over every day so they get used to each others smells.

There is light at the end of the tunnel :) Cant believe Peaches is the naughty one :shock: I told her to behave :lol:

xXx

Have you tried holding Rainbow still whilst Peaches ermm..gets on top? Peaches might then lose the urge.

ohhh nooo sarah i was relying on you to give me some confidence :lol: the rolling round in a ball sounds a nightmare - i sypmathise...
Umm I obviously cant give you advice - at least it hasnt seemed to have affected the 2 pairs... hope you are ok and it goes a bit better tonight - keep us updated! :?

Becky can you please start giving Dotty a ' being a good girl talking to' as well - umm actually maybe not they obviously dont listen to you :roll::lol:

GOOD LUCK x

Back