• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shall i say yes?!

shell1805

Mama Doe
Ok, Ive had a dilemma on my hands for the last few days and now really need some opinions. A friend of mine got a male rabbit after fallin in love with bella (not that i can blame her for that) however after the initial few weeks of everything being cute and lovely she has now realised that she hasn't got enough time for him. Cue the phone call to me askin if i would have him. What do i do? Normally i wouldn't even question it, i'd have them in a heart beat. The only problem i can see is 1, he's a giant (though Ive wanted one for so long, i haven't got one due to my dog sullivan not being well and now bella being poorly. Never been the right time) and 2) if i was to have him, how would bella react especially as she is at the moment. What do i do? :( x

only you can answer that :D
what age is this boy and what breed is he ?
what breed is your other rabbit ?
reason i asked is giant grow quick and grow to a big size !
you may not be able to bond the giants can be quite boistrous and very strong it could be too much for her if you keep them seperate there wont be a problem ;)
netuering giants there is a huge risk giants have small hearts and dont always do well under general anasetic

what ever you decide i wish you the best of luck
ann xx

He's a baby, bless him. 6 months and already a big boy. She got him from a pet shop (i know i know, i tried to stop her but she knew i got bella, before i knew better, from a pet shop) he looks to be a flemish as he has the markings but could be a cross. I would keep him seperate from bella as the size difference would worry me but she has a nose like a blood hound and would smell him. My heart says get him, but my priority is bella and jasper. Why do people do this?! X

He's a baby, bless him. 6 months and already a big boy. She got him from a pet shop (i know i know, i tried to stop her but she knew i got bella, before i knew better, from a pet shop) he looks to be a flemish as he has the markings but could be a cross. I would keep him seperate from bella as the size difference would worry me but she has a nose like a blood hound and would smell him. My heart says get him, but my priority is bella and jasper. Why do people do this?! X

ok if pet shop chance is he is a cross breed i was in pets @home a few mths back i saw a giant and said omg how cute what breed is it the reply was pure bred continental giant my reply was if theat a conti im a monkeys uncle :lol: she said oh they are a very rare breed you wont have seen one before so you cant make a comment like that i replyed well i have 5 contis ive been showing and breeding them since 2003 and trust me that is not a conti !! she looked a little shocked and the silly people still bought it for £150 :shock:

so if he is a cross he will live longer than pedigree and the heart problems are halved as the crosses have bigger stronger hearts
you could give them suprevised play but i wouldnt advise them staying together all the time especially as they can give off a hell of a kick ! one of my contis is best friends with a nethie they play together quite often but only when i can watch them they ae so funny together :lol:
if you really want him get him mind you im a suker this is me with over 40 rabbits :roll:
just make sure in your heart you really want him and can cope if the answer is yes to that go for it ;)

Back