• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues, how many have you rehomed this year?

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
There is so much sadness at the moment over the number of bunnies in rescues this Christmas and even more on the waiting lists. So I thought it would be nice to have a more positive thread about all the bunnies that have been helped this year :D

So how many have you rehomed over the past year? :)

I know we aren't a rescue but we have taken in over 30 this year, I need to sit down and work it out properly though

Honeybunny rehomes up to today 105 rabbits
and 78 guinea pigs :D

( we have 2 more bunnies and one pig due out this week)

Last edited:
Celia at Kirkby has rehomed 121 up to last night :)

Lets hope that 2010 is a good year for all rescue animals to find their forever home & less animals being given up or dumped :)

YAY! Awesome job guys, it is sooo sad that so many buns are in foster/rescue over Christmas, but at least we know someone cares for them and they are safe and warm and dry and loved.

I hope next year is a record breaker for improvements in public awareness and rehoming and bunny welfare!

i am in AWE of the work you guys in rescues do - big hugs to you all! xxxx

I've taken in 5 rescue's this year.

My beustiful Jet in February and her Husbun Stevie in May, sadly jet died in August so I adopted Eva, Bobbi and Alfie but Bobbi is with Stevie and Eva and Alfie are together - I actually might bond them with Arnie and Kira :shock: .

They all have some form of medical issue/disability, especially Jet who had fits but sadly died from bloat :cry:

I'm not a rescue, but have managed to rehome the 5 fosters I took in. Number 6 is a "work in progress" ;):lol:

My Mum and Dad rehomed 9 buns this year-they werent officially a rescue,just couldnt say no to a bunny in need.I've made them "retire"!!!

I'm not a rescue, so I probably don't count...but I do take in buns who wouldn't find a home elsewhere.

This year I've taken in 9 special needs/unhomeables. Sadly 2 have since passed away (1 from kidney failure and the other was very sick when she arrived and passed away shortly after).

I've also taken in 4 healthy buns, either because they were the existing partners of the special needs buns, or to pair up with buns I've already got here.

So that's 13 buns who've found forever homes here this year :D

well abi is the one with the official numbers but I know that we are about to reach our 300th rehome, our 200th was in May so I'm guessing around 130.

I have just added up that we have taken in 33 rabbits and we have 2 more coming before Christmas.

2 have been rehomed as they were healthy, the rest are either still with us or have gone to the bridge

well abi is the one with the official numbers but I know that we are about to reach our 300th rehome, our 200th was in May so I'm guessing around 130.

Current Fat Fluffs rehoming, to today (Dec 20th) is 149 rabbits but we still have a few going to new homes this week ... so I'm estimating our 2009 total will be 155-ish.

Our 300th Fat Fluffs adoption is VERY VERY VERY imminent! So excited! :D

Back