• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How snuggly is your bunny?

sidereus7

Mama Doe
As the title states, do your buns like to be fussed?

Milo is as close to a cuddle bun as I have. He loooooves being pet, but he hates being held. He never really demands a fuss, but he'll never refuse one either!

Eddison hates being pet most of the time. If he's in the mood, he'll take a fuss for a couple minutes, but then he runs away and flicks his feet at me. :lol:

Please someone tell me that Eddison isn't the only bun who hates humans! :oops:

Not at all:lol:

Its a bit hard making sure they're all super-cuddly when there's 10 of them:oops: Most are also quite hyper. They are friendly though:3

If I were to pick the "cuddliest" I think it would be Zakura the Killer Rabbit...ironically...
Yuki also loves being petted, the others are usually okay with it, except Cloud... But he takes treats from my hands now:D

Out of my four, three of them really hate being touched. One of them will put up with it but doesn't seek it out, although she does like to investigate me.

ohh my Noisette is the biggest attention seeker ever and will DEMAND you pet her! :love::love::love:

On the other hand, Oscar hates being stroked, but comes to his name, and gets very jealous when I stroke Noisette, but when I try to stroke him, he realises he doesn't like it so backs away :lol:

Frankie is very snuggly and loves a cuddle. Honey comes up for a nose rub on her terms. The other buns aren't interested only cuddling their partners.

Beau loves attention, he loves being stroked, specially nose rubs, and if you stop and keep your hand nearby, he'll grunt every time you move until you start stroking him again!

Ralph is super, super, cuddly... flopping on your lap and licking your hands and face sort of cuddly. If you start to stroke him, within a couple of seconds he has settled down and started to tooth purr.

Ruby is not so keen, but is affectionate in her own way. She looks at me very lovingly and investigates me a lot. I can often get her to settle high up on my body (like my chest) where she will snuggle up and tooth purr while I stroke her, but she won't stay there for hours like Ralph.

Mine are happy to see me but on their terms :) I just sit and wait and then they come over and let me stroke them. This has improved a lot since we had them - never sure about what has gone before with rescue buns so I am hoping that the improvements in contact that we have seen will keep going. I was even able to lie down in the pen the other day and they came over to see what I was up to and we had a little exchange of nose rubs!
:)

Ralph is super, super, cuddly... flopping on your lap and licking your hands and face sort of cuddly. If you start to stroke him, within a couple of seconds he has settled down and started to tooth purr.

I'm sorry, but this is a rabbit forum; not a dog forum. :shock: :lol:

Where do I get me a bun like that?! :D

I'm sorry, but this is a rabbit forum; not a dog forum. :shock: :lol:

Where do I get me a bun like that?! :D

hahaha! I got him when I wasn't working, so spent 24/7 with him from 2 months of age! I put it down to that and the fact he had a tendency to be like that anyway...

Deej is like that too, in fact at the moment if you put him on the floor he'll just jump straight back up a minute later, or he'll jump down for a bit of hay and then jump right back up again!

Flynn loves a nose rub, you cant walk past him without being guilt tripped into stopping and giving him a wee rub.

Gracie belives hoomins were invented to rub her nose, hours later and she still wants more, she even lies down to get comfy for it.

Summer loves being lifted for cuddles, she snuggles in. Giles loves a nose rub, but not for too long. Taff will accept nose rubs but only for a few seconds, and Holly generally only takes a rub when she is pre-occupied with food, though since we lost Bigwig, she is looking for more cuddles.

Blue loves being fussed, he joins us for cuddles under the blankie on the sofa.
The minute you sit down he's up looking for loving.
Bea was very reserved at first, but we worked with her a lot and by the time she went to her new home she would come running for noserubs and love.

Flash is very snuggly, and he's so easy to pick up - very light and he kind of goes floppy. Harley is a bit harder to pick up, because he keeps his legs stiff but he loves to sit on my knee. Jez will sit in my arms, but it's picking him up in the first place that's the problem. I spent an hour one night in the pitch black chasing him around the garden :evil: He likes sitting on my knee though :)

Herbie is a snuggly bunny. I'll lie on the floor and he comes and snuggles in next to me. If I stop stroking him he sticks his snout right in my face as if to say "Oi, you've stopped" It makes me smile so I purposely stop stroking him every now and again just so he does it. :love:

Sugar isn't very snuggly, but she's getting better. She doesn't lie next to me, but will walk around constantly nudging me...probably because she wants me to shift out the way. :D

Barney is super-snuggly and reciprocates! :love: When carried he snuggles into your neck and licks any patch of skin he can reach. He likes to melt into a bunny puddle and tooth purr if fussed~
Amber likes being snuggled, but seems to prefer giving rather than recieving! :lol: For ever minute she is fussed, she has to give back five minutes worth of licking.
Hazel... doesn't like being touched much at all. :roll: She knows her own mind and isn't the most affectionate bunny. I was a bit miffed at first, but she's the same with her own daughter so I think it's just her personality. She WILL occasionally lick my fingers and nibble them gently.
Bella would have been a snuggle bunny...! As a baby she'd pin herself to my side and snuggle like a beanie baby. But she copies her mummy-bunny, and though she'll enjoy being snuggled if you can keep her still, she skips off just as often.
Edgar is a major snuggle-bunny...! But he's currently living alone so he needs to get his little ego boosts from nosey rubs and other fusses. ^_^ He was quite wary of hands when we adopted him, but has since learnt they're quite good in their own way...! And he's a licker, too.
Aaaand Jack-bunny who will hopefully be living her is a snuggler. He's so funny because he'll lie with his head in your lap drifting off to sleep whilst you trace up his nose and around his cheeks.

Sora: Very snuggly compared to how she was when we adopted her :D that translates to 'will just about tolerate cuddles on her terms' on a regular bunny scale :lol:

Smudgie: No touching :no: Except when too sleepy/lazy to object :roll:

Julie loves to be petted and snuggled. She demands it. She thinks anyone who comes into this house is here to pet her and fuss her. She even crawls between people's fee and you are expected or else to pet her and rub her with your feet. She even turns and moves so you can get every inch of her. If you don't do this she will use her nose to get her head under your feet or pull your socks with her teeth. When I am cooking dinner she bites my feet until I stand on one foot rubbing her with the other. Julie hates to be picked up though. She even crawled between the plumbers legs as he was lying on the floor under the sink. She startled him. He jumped and almost hit his head on the sink. The plumber wasn't impressed by her though. I don't think that he likes rabbits.

Back