• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit confused about advice... help

:wave:

Shauny had his 3rd episode of stasis on sat:cry:. Thankfully he didnt need to go to the vets (tummy rubs and making him move worked).

Ive phoned the vets today and spoke to the receptionist and explained what had happened, she then informed jason (the vet) and gave me a call back.... however im a bit confused as to what i need to do, i have metoclopramide, rinitadine, and metacam waiting for me to pick up. I asked the receptionist if jason wanted me to start them when i got them (because Shaun is fine now, eating ect), she said to give him the weeks prescription and then see?.

Sorry for a long post but i need to be sure what im doing, should i be giving Shauny the meds tomorrow or has the vet given me them in case of another stasis?.

Sounds a bit odd to me.. that would be giving him medication when he doesnt need it... maybe the vets trying to make more money?

In cases of recurring GI stasis it is advisable to continue medication for several days after the symptoms resolve.
I would call the Vet tomorrow and see if this is the case for Shauny :)

Biscuit had to go to the emergency vet's on Friday, she is now on metoclopramide and zantac for rest of the week, so that she is fully recovered and her dropping return to normal. She hates meds too but she keeps getting stasis so I know I am doing the right thing.

I am also giving her fibre plex twice a day.

She is loads better already :D

I have stopped the metacam, Infacol and bio lapis though

Back