• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant Rabbit Pets at Home

rabbit mad

Warren Scout
Well,

Went to pets at home yesterday the first thing i do is go straight to the rabbit guinne pig section, to make sure they are all o.k. I noticed that their Giant was on it's side breathing heavily!!:shock:

I went and got my hay had a look around and went back there was a lady looking at him, saying to her hubby "oh he doesnt move much" i asked them how long they had been there and they said a few minutes.
That was it for me off I went looking for a shop assistant, my hubby stayed with the rabbit.
At first the shop assistant was a bit reluctant to check on him for me, but did..

Yes the rabbit was o.k. he was asleep, but he was very scared when this guy was in his cage!
The shop assistant said that this is normal for him, as his enclosure is not big enough for him to have a hop around, as he was in the other enclosures last week which are three times bigger :shock::shock::shock:

I was gobsmacked at this but at least the guy did check on him for me.

I know a few people have had many problems with p@h but i was at least re-assured that he was o.k.

I keep going to look at the adoption rabbits in P a H. The one I have my eye on is in an enclosure way too small as well. I spoke to a member of staff who said he is let out in the mornings and he looks healthy apart from an irregular pupil. It's difficult isn't it? I don't know what the answer is, apart from pet stores to stop selling animals but I don't think that will happen as it's the animals who attract the customers in. Still don't know what to do!:?

Back