• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pickle. The gerbil.

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
This is the day we got him, 2 and a half weeks ago. Poor little mite :(

15546_349201950622_850800622_979987.jpg

And now :D
tidy.jpg

Look how shiny his fur is now :)
shiny.jpg

And in his nest, half asleep :love:
inhisnest.jpg

Pickle's story:
He was in the adoption section at pets at home. Really scraggly looking and with a scabby nose. Naturally, I fell for him, s we went back 2 days later and adopted him. He's about 9 months old, and has respiritory problems, hence why he's not in a proper gerbil tank. We were told that was what caused his nose to be bald and scabby, but as you can see, that's cleared right up! We've put that down to the fact he was kept in a glass tank.

He's my little baby, and I love him loads :)

What a little darling! He looks a lot like one of my old gerbils, Fudge. Well done you for rescuing him! :D

What a lovely little chap :love: Glad he's looking so well - any sign of a "respiratory problem"?

I'll be honest, I don't really know what I'd be looking for. His breathing did seem a bit difficult when he was asleep when we first got him, but it seems to be easing off now :)
Me and Martyn have asthma, and we joke Pickle does too :lol:

awww poor little man!! he looks so well now though, nice to see he has a loving home!! :love:

I'll be honest, I don't really know what I'd be looking for. His breathing did seem a bit difficult when he was asleep when we first got him, but it seems to be easing off now :)
Me and Martyn have asthma, and we joke Pickle does too :lol:

Quite possible especially if he was kept on wood shavings in the past as a fair number of gerbil onwers do.

Pickle loves you all :)

He's such a daft little thing. At this very moment in time, he's crashed out on his side in his hay nest. I can see his white belly :love:
When I came home from work, he was laying with his chin on the bedding and he just looked up at me, thought about getting up, did a HUGE yawn and stretch, and he crawled over to his food dish which was just full of bio-catolet coz he'd been burrowing, and when I fed him, he found a peanut, scurried into the corner and ate it, then went back to bed! It's such a hard life being pickle!

Back