• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Jack please. Update: all better

Binnsy

Young Bun
Hey, have just got back from the vets with my bunny Jack as he didn't seem himself last night, and even less so this morning :(

He'd not eaten anything overnight (which for Jack is a massive worry as he LOVES food) and was very lethargic, just sat in his litter tray looking sorry for himself.

Took him in as an emergency and the vet (who I know is very good) said that his stomach didn't feel quite right and that it might be something (which I can't remember as I'm worrying and finding it hard to concentrate on anything at the moment) but couldn't think from what I told him what might have caused it, and that everything else looks fine.

So, he gave him an antibiotic injection, and another one to get things moving and boost his appetite. We have to go back tomorrow for a check-up, unless he gets worse, then I have to take him to the emergency hospital to go on a drip and be under observation :(

So some hurry up and start eating and feeling better soon vibes would be appreciated, as I'm meant to be finishing off my uni course work (due Wednesday) but am too distracted worrying about him.

Last edited:
Loads of vibes..was he given a painkiller too? He won't eat if he's in pain.

I don't think so, but I'm not sure. He doesn't seem (best I can tell) in pain though. When he was feeling his stomach he wasn't getting upset about it as if it hurt.

I don't think so, but I'm not sure. He doesn't seem (best I can tell) in pain though. When he was feeling his stomach he wasn't getting upset about it as if it hurt.

As Rabbits are prey animals they hide the fact that they are in pain. IMO it's always best to assume that pain may be playing a part in them feeling poorly.
I would contact the Vet again to establish if any analgesia was given.

Yes, def contact the vet. As Jane has said, Bunnies hide their pain and the main sign is lack of appetite, as well as tooth grinding when it is really bad. Send loads of vibes to you too...it's always such a worry when bunsters are poorly..

If you call your vet just check that they didn't give him a painkiller injection. They could also give you some to take away with you.

Bob gets bouts of stasis and will do exactly what Jack has done - sitting there looking all sad and sleepy. Sluggish motility and pain is what does that to Bobble so pain relief is v important in my opinion.

Lots of vibes for little Jack....get that tummy moving. X

Can't believe this was almost a week ago.

Good news is Jack is back to being his old cheeky self :D

Shortly after originally posting this thread I dropped my laptop and broke it :roll: when I got it back on Friday we had a power cut due to the snow!

When I phoned the vet, it turns out that he had been given painkillers as well. I took him back to the vets the next day, when he had another round of injections and was back to being himself in no time.

Thanx for all the vibes :wave:

Back