PDA

View Full Version : I did it! I caught the stray bunny!! u/d - pics page 4.

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Fweeeee! :):):)

I was planning on buying a humane rabbit trap from eBay today and went down there this morning and saved both a bunny AND twenty quid! :lol:

I'm now far too giddy and have a baby dutch bunny installed in my bedroom in a puppy crate! He or she (not checked yet!) can rattle those bars all night and I won't even care, I'm just so pleased!

happybun
14-12-2009, 11:50 AM
well done! and, how? :D

Stator
14-12-2009, 11:50 AM
YAY well done :D

Now, where on earth are the photos? ;)

Hunnybunny2007
14-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Well done:wave:

mini lop1
14-12-2009, 11:54 AM
awww well done :D

parsnipbun
14-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Thats fantastic!!!!

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Bribery! :lol: Carrots are the most wonderful veggie EVER.

I went down there before nine with a cat carrier to see if I could tempt him or her through the railings and into it by chopping bits of apple and carrot and hiding it in the straw. And then this lady who lives in one of the houses backing onto the gardens started calling me saying the rabbit was in one of the gardens and asking if I'd come to catch it. So she let me in, and some more people came out, all saying how I probably wouldn't get near it and how it was very well fed by them all and asking if it really needed to be caught. I walked down into the garden it was in - it was eating someone's leeks? :oops: - and called it and it came binkying at me. He or she was eating carrot from my hand and there was this crowd all ooh-ing and aah-ing - great morning entertainment, apparently - so I kept pulling my hand holding the carrot back towards the open pet carrier, got it so it had its two front paws in whilst it leant to eat the carrot and then pushed its little behind in after it and closed the door! ^_^

The woman who let me in was saying her grandson will miss it a lot, because they'd watch it from the window, and saying if it turns out to be a boy, could I call it Jack. I've never sexed a rabbit before, but I'll go read all about bunny bits later.

I'm charging the camera for piccies...! I put a cardboard box with a hole cut out in the puppy crate and so far the little imp has refused to poke more than its nose out, but piccies shall definitely come when its feeling more confident and settled...!

mini lop1
14-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Bribery! :lol: Carrots are the most wonderful veggie EVER.

I went down there before nine with a cat carrier to see if I could tempt him or her through the railings and into it by chopping bits of apple and carrot and hiding it in the straw. And then this lady who lives in one of the houses backing onto the gardens started calling me saying the rabbit was in one of the gardens and asking if I'd come to catch it. So she let me in, and some more people came out, all saying how I probably wouldn't get near it and how it was very well fed by them all and asking if it really needed to be caught. I walked down into the garden it was in - it was eating someone's leeks? :oops: - and called it and it came binkying at me. He or she was eating carrot from my hand and there was this crowd all ooh-ing and aah-ing - great morning entertainment, apparently - so I kept pulling my hand holding the carrot back towards the open pet carrier, got it so it had its two front paws in whilst it leant to eat the carrot and then pushed its little behind in after it and closed the door! ^_^

The woman who let me in was saying her grandson will miss it a lot, because they'd watch it from the window, and saying if it turns out to be a boy, could I call it Jack. I've never sexed a rabbit before, but I'll go read all about bunny bits later.

I'm charging the camera for piccies...! I put a cardboard box with a hole cut out in the puppy crate and so far the little imp has refused to poke more than its nose out, but piccies shall definitely come when its feeling more confident and settled...!

:love: can't wait to see him/her

Jazzy B Bunny
14-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Aw congrats :)

You'll know if its a boy :lol:

Rhian33
14-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Well done! I was so hoping you would catch him/her.

Jenova
14-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Yay! :mrgreen:

Ted an Petal
14-12-2009, 12:31 PM
excellent work well done. :wave: looking forward to the piccies.

Phoebesmummy9
14-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Well done on rescuing little bunny :love:
if its a boy, depending on its age it may very well have some big *ahem* plums visable!
I think theres a section on here with pictures of rabbits bits for refrence :oops:

raine
14-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Thats fanastic. Well done.

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Thank you~! ^_^

I'm in the house alone (except for my sleeping sister!) and feel sooo giddy and pleased, so this is my only outlet for venting it...!

I'll actually be able to sleep tonight. :lol: Well, I won't be lay awake worrying a fox will have it, anyway. And I won't have to feel anxious each time the weather people threaten colder snaps and snow.

I lifted him/her out the pet carrier to pop it in the puppy crate and tried to peer under, but there were no obvious plummy bits. :oops: It honestly looks like it is just past that little baby stage. I can't understand who'd buy a baby rabbit and then get bored of it so quick and release it. But he or she isn't old at all, but has a pretty little face. :love: I wish it'd pop out it's hidey box for a picture or two - I want to share the pretty! :lol:

Carrie14
14-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Well done:D

Cant wait to see photos. Are you keeping him/her?

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Oooh yes. :) For YEARS my mum and I have played a 'what would you do if...' game where we'd imagine random scenarios. And we'd have one where it'd be 'what would you do if you found a rabbit?' If we were being completely silly, we'd make it a dutch rabbit (I loves them!) and a baby... So when we first spotted this one I was wondering if the universe had listened and decided that because we'd had a horrible year and a half, here was our reward - if only we could catch it!

If the little bunny is female then Edgar can have a wifeybun. We were going to get him one in the spring. If it's a boy then I shall make different plans! Either see how likely a pairing between Eddie and a boy would be (Edgar's verrry relaxed and is always friendliest to my other boy bunny when their runs are near to one another) or get each their own girlfriends eventually.

SOAD
14-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Yay glad you got bunny :D

Jack's-Jane
14-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Great news !! :D

PomandRi
14-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Well done you!

Absolutely delighted that the wee bun is caught and safe. :D

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Little bunny is hiding in his/her box and I keep catching it flopped out and napping. :love: And they are definitely eating~! Just gotta watch for poops.

*Spider*
14-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Well done!!!

Kermit
14-12-2009, 01:39 PM
This is simply fab!
Im so glad bunster has a new warm home with you.

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Little bunny has eaten a handful of pellets, two handfuls of grass, a quarter of an apple and has tossed a toilet tube of hay around so I'm hoping he/she has eaten some of that, too. It has also left the shelter of the box I put in to skip over and actually use the litter tray...! :shock: One little wee and lots and lots of little poops. They're not normal poops, but those little, dark, hard ones. :? Then again, it's had a rather strange day and there were a lot of them and I suppose it's better than nothing...! With all this eating I'm hoping that guts are moving normally and when this food works its way through poops shall look normal.

It's having lots of little naps. :love: And now comes scampering to see me incase I have food, which is lovely. The box is definitely the safest place to be, though he/she is showing interest in wanting to come out and explore my room.

I tried to take a picture before - when it'd hardly leave the box - and though you can see there's a bunny in there, it doesn't do the rabbit justice! Now it comes out much further I was going to take more but the lighting is wrong and the camera tries to use a flash so I don't want to half blind the little pipsqueaky thing tonight. I shall take pictures tomorrow, or perhaps later with the light on in my room.

Jaysmonkey
14-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Congrats :wave:

lildebs
14-12-2009, 05:26 PM
well done you!....I bet you skipped all the way home:D ....so now you need a name for 'it' :lol::lol:....rascal sounds good :lol::lol: hmm.ralph, homer, for boy...betsy, jasmine, layla for a girl :D

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Eeee, I went upstairs just then and thought he/she might be more active now as I always went to visit and feed it through the railings at around 4pm. And it was sat out in its litter tray and was eating a little leaf of basil from my hand. :love: And then hay and grass. The poops are getting bigger and more 'normal' looking.

If it is a boy I might call him Jack, after the lady who helped us today grandson. Then he can be little Jack Frost - wintry theme! If it is a girl I'll definitely need help. :oops: My mind goes absolutely blank..! It's such a cute, cute little poppet!

Carrie14
14-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Aww:love: How exciting! Almost makes it sadder that he/she seems tame though:(

One very lucky bun:) I think the name should be something christmassy.
Mistletoe or Baileys!

attilathebun
14-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Little Jackie Frost :roll:

lildebs
Oh yes forgot about Jack :oops: my next door neighbour has a bunny Jack :D

biscandmatt1
aw, well done! :D poppet for a girl then? and jack for a boy. :D

Lillian
14-12-2009, 05:50 PM
My cousin found a stray bunny and called her Roama, because she was roaming around on the streets.

How'd you know it's a stray?

Congrats on catching it :D

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 06:12 PM
He or she had been living in a row of eight gardens - they're separated by hedges so it could run through them all - on the edge of a park for two weeks. It's fairly out of the way, and everyone living there said it had just appeared one day and assumed someone had either left it in the park (that the gardens backed onto) or pushed it under the gate and into the gardens. No one else has shown any interest in catching it during that time.

I'm making notes of all these names~! :lol:

Hoppit!
14-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Well Done!!

I like the idea of Jack Frost for a boy. How about Ivy if it's a girl? What colour is he/she? Can't wait for piccietures! :D

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Oooh. Ivy's a possibility!

I'm going to go see if I can take some pictures in a moment. ^_^ He/she is a very strange colour. Sort of grey/brown, but... darker. :lol: And has mistmatched dutch markings. I'll go see what I can do with this camera!

antigone
14-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Well done.:D

bunlover
14-12-2009, 06:54 PM
He or she had been living in a row of eight gardens - they're separated by hedges so it could run through them all - on the edge of a park for two weeks. It's fairly out of the way, and everyone living there said it had just appeared one day and assumed someone had either left it in the park (that the gardens backed onto) or pushed it under the gate and into the gardens. No one else has shown any interest in catching it during that time.

I'm making notes of all these names~! :lol:

fair enough but i would stil lring the local rescues and vets to give a description of the bun in case someoen is missing and desperatly looking for it it oculd have escaped from further away and been travelling fora day or two you see... ring around local vets within about 30m in drive just to be sure and check on the lost ads online. i know its prob most likely a dumped bun but you can never know someone somewhere is looking after my secapee snowy bunny who i never got back she was never handed in though i dont ever give up hope i am prehaps more aware of the need to contact variosu people to try and locate an owner x

attilathebun
14-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Holly,
Berry,
Angel,
Twinkle,
Mary,
Tinsel,
Jingle,

:D

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I'll have to notify the vets anyway because I want them to look the bunny over, but I'd be surprised if I'm taking someone's owned pet. These gardens are really quite isolated and I'm not even sure in what direction the bunny would have to have ventured to get there. There's been no signs up in the area, at the vets or anything I've seen on any sites local to the area that I check. I will however check, as requested.

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Some not very good pictures...

Took this one earlier today, in daylight... At this point it was eager to stay in the box but would peek out at me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/mordisha/RABBiTS/LittleBunny2.jpg

And now it keeps skipping around eating all the hay. ^_^ Not brilliant but it gives some idea of how it looks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/mordisha/RABBiTS/LittleBunny.jpg

LilVicky
14-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Glad you caught it!
Gorgeous bunnnie :love:

giantbunnymummy
14-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Gorgeous bunny :love::love::love:

Well done you for catching him/her :D:D:D

Daisylop
14-12-2009, 07:50 PM
gorgeous bun :love::love::love:

VickiP
14-12-2009, 08:00 PM
YAY:love:

luvabun
14-12-2009, 08:08 PM
What a heartwarming story. He/She may not realise what a lucky bunny he/she is yet :love:

Jaysmonkey
14-12-2009, 08:13 PM
:love::love::love:

hurricanhoney
14-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Well done what a cutie. :love:

Bobbybobtail
14-12-2009, 08:45 PM
What a lovely story. I guess that even if it does belong to someone, it is safer and better looked after with you rather than getting eaten by a fox! Well done.:D

rabswood
14-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Brilliant :D

Rabswood

jazzywoo
14-12-2009, 11:52 PM
great news i will advise quarrentine it from your others for a month or so with it been out for so long it may have picked up anything including myxi , vhd and other nasties
wash hands etc after handling it and before going to your own ;)

casu consulto
14-12-2009, 11:57 PM
It's gonna be an indoor bunny over winter and until spring and so it kept away from my five who are all spending their winter in the garage. :) I'm hoping to take him/her to the vets in a few days for a general check and to enquire over vaccinations for it, etc. supposing nobody is looking for it. I've got an old hoodie that it seems to like so I'll be slipping that over whatever I'm wearing when it comes to handling him/her and will take care to wash my hands. ^_^

biscuitblossom
15-12-2009, 12:12 AM
He/she looks very cute ,well done for catching it :wave:

Tuckerbunnies
15-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Well done!! he/she is a very lucky gorgeous bunny :)

purplebumble
15-12-2009, 04:42 AM
way to go for you:wave::wave:

i know its upsetting when theyre so tame...but then again it maybe like some rescue buns do...so glad of food drink warmth love..that they become very tame very quick to make you love em more. then again there are rescue buns like bif!:oops::lol:

beautiful bunster:love:

MissMinnie
15-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Well done. You have done a superb job!

casu consulto
15-12-2009, 09:56 AM
It honestly comes on in leaps and bounds (how bunny like!) and adapts so, so quickly. I thought it might be very unsettled at going from basically free ranging outdoors and existing on grass - and lettuce that people were throwing for it, ick - to being in a cage indoors, around people. Last night I actually slept! And so did the bunny. :) Somehow it knows how to use the litter tray all by itself, which is good because it'll make keeping any smell in my bedroom to a minimum. This morning it is showing cheeky behaviour! He or she keeps tipping the box over and seems to adore all the hay.

I've not really had a chance to handle the bunny much as yesterday I just wanted to pop him/her into the puppy crate and leave it to settle. This evening I'm going to give it free range of the hallway (along with the little cardboard box) whilst I neaten up the puppy crate and change the megazorb. Hopefully I'll be able to have a go at sexing it. :roll: All this it/she/he typing and saying is doing my head in.